Wide-Angle Housing Solution for Dome Correction Shortcomings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaticman

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I came across this by accident but this is real and has a lot of potential. Andrej Belic solved the design requirements for ADAPTING RS LENSES to popular underwater Nikon body housings for DSLR bodies! The 13mm lens can now be used on Nauticam and Subal housings with Aquatica and Sea & Sea designs in the making. This adaptation required adaptors of machined aluminum to be added to the lenses including the 13mm, 28mm and the 50mm. Some of the lenses cannot be adapted to some housings so you will need to contact him to see if it can be done. Meanwhile, since the RS lenses are Nikon bayonet mounts, you can try it yourself. I have a D300 and a D800 body and I was able to connect my 13mm, 28mm and 50mm lenses to both bodies. The zoom will work too but I don't have one to test. Once attached you can see that the focus and exposure won't function but you can see that the lenses can be used. Andrej needs your RS lenses shipped to him to adapt the lens to function on Nikon DSLR bodies and he needs to know what housing you have so that he can build the appropriate housing adaptor. Here's a link to the conversion part of his site: Abelic html5
Here's his email address: Andrej Belic [andrej@abelic.net]
Here's a link showcasing a show in Europe with his new products about two thirds down the page showing what else he's up to: Show report: Golden Dolphin 2013 :: Wetpixel.com

Finally, an excellent use of our RS expensive optics and the results outperform existing dome optics the way Nikonos RS lenses were designed for corner to corner sharpness.

The RS lenses are not exactly a Nikon mount. There's a bit of the bayonet cut away on the lens. But a good machinist can work miracles.

I can see the 13 being very popular with the folks who have full-frame cameras. The 50 mm doesn't really have anything over a housed 60mm except being slightly smaller.

Chuck

Back
Top Bottom