Wide 7mm boots in Europe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pauliunas

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I need 7mm wetsuit boots to protect my feet in 10°C and below. A 7mm wetsuit works quite fine for me, but my feet and hands get cold very easily (not only in water, but just in general too). This kind of thick neoprene boots seem to be hard to come by as it is, but to make it worse, I have duck feet and thin calves.

I've searched through the forum and found a few similar threads, but most suggestions I saw were either thin socks/booties (up to 3mm) that are more for chafe protection than warmth, or I can't find them anywhere outside the US.

So, I decided to open a new thread with these extra restrictions hoping to find someone with duck feet who also happens to live in Europe and can recommend comfortable warm boots.

Socks would work just as well as boots, maybe even better. Given the duck feet problem, I've grown accustomed to "barefoot" shoes so I feel weird wearing anything with stiff soles.

Good quality 7mm socks and baseball boots would be a solution.
Ok, this is not the first time I see someone suggest Converse or similar shoes... I feel like I'm missing something, because I feel like they wouldn't help. They're not waterproof, they don't provide any heat insulation, so how do they help, as compared to just putting fins right on neoprene socks?

Also, can you recommend good 7mm socks? I can barely find any at all. I found some Seac socks on Amazon but the reviews say they have bad seams (and they're too cheap to be good anyway). Since 7mm neoprene is quite stiff, width is also important.

The boots protect the socks and allow you to walk over rocks. They also keep open heal fins on your feet.

Hello

Cressi has Isla boots in 7 mm, Aqualung offers Superzip and Echozip in 7 mm, Mars has Flexa DS boots in 6.5 mm. The alternative is to use Neopren socks in 5 mm Neopren boots.

Poseidon Diving System offers a 3 mm Neopren boot (One Shoe) that resembles a Conserve.

Best wishes Jens

I wear scubapro delta boots, which are super wide. They are only 5mm; but I wear cressi 2.5mm socks under them. It’s still comfy with the layers stacked up since deltas are so roomy

Back
Top Bottom