Whytecliff Islet Dec 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r2t

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Skookumchuck and I had plans to go down to Redondo in Washington but got scared with the snow. We decided to go and do a easy relaxing dive at Whytecliff Islet. I thought to myself this was going to be one of the boring dives I have done so many times. The viz was only 10 to 15 feet. I usually stick to a max depth of 60 feet when on the islet but for some reason the depth gradually increase to an average of 80 feet and the wow we hit the pinnacle that I had read about from Les. Very cool part of the dive and some really big cloud sponges. Moral of this story is you never know when a basic dive is going to turn into a fantastic adventure.
Ron L.

Snow?? did it snow here???:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: We don't get snow here.

OK, it did and I was out diving in it. It dumped 2 or more inches during the 2 dives we did. Very nice. Dec 2

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

Oops, sorry about the size of the pictures, a little big.

hey great shots of the islet. Alot more snow than we got in NVan(by Iron Workers Memorial bridge). parking lot looks pretty empty. had the whole site to yourselves.

isn't that a sweet dive r2t?? did you see any of the cool hairy or the puget crabs??
I usually swim around the 80ish and find the wall. then swim along until it is turn time. sometimes I swim back or I ascend and hit the 60 level and it runs right into the islet wall for a shallow swim back in. I haven't done that dive on my twins yet but it is going to be stellar when I do.

Actually there was about 15 other divers that showed up but they only did one dive. It was weired though coming up after the second dive and no one was there.

And yes I agree the point on the islet is a very nice dive. If you have the air the is some good exploring to be done there.

I didn't see any puget sound or hairy crabs this dive but we did see one last weekend. Also Ron found a small octo in its den, maybe a red octopus.
How come no pics of you gearing up Mike?:D Anyone else get their coldest ever water temp on the suface? Mine was reading 32 degrees which was the same temperature as my toes.

Hi Ron,

I'm back from Egypt now. We should get together and you can show me where the pinnacle is at.

After diving in a shorty and slathering on the sunscreen in Sharm, coming home to shovel off the front walk was a bit of a shock.

In a couple days I should know whether or not I will have time to dive this weekend.

Scott S.

Back
Top Bottom