Why wear swimsuit under wetsuit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually it is because racing stripes look better on the OUTSIDE of a wetsuit...................

what to wear under a wetsuit seems to be a perrenial favorite thread at scubaboard with all the predictable responses, especially the one about speedos. but everyone has their favorites and their hangups.

Many people wear something under a wetsuit our of a sense of modesty, it seems. Lots of surfers I have met seem not to have the problem going without. Divers seem to be the opposite. Maybe it is a matter of age. But, if you change in public in some jurisdictions even under a towel without any undergarment, it is considered "indecent exposure" which will get you not only a ticket, but may end up getting you signed in as a registered sex offender.
Please list such jurisdictions because I don't believe that's true. I've dived and surfed etc in a lot of different places and never heard of anyone getting any such tickets or even threatened with such. Beach towns don't want you running around with your jewels hanging out but they certainly aren't going out of their way to keep people from changing into and out of their suits with a bit of reasonable discretion.

That's true. Even if you wear shorts under your wetsuit, you have to change out of the wet ones to drive home. Wrap a towel around you and hope it doesn't fall off in the process of changing. There was no other option on many fairly crowded beaches I used to surf on Kauai.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom