Why the E8-130 (LP-104)...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacLeod once bubbled...
Thanks everyone for your replies...really helpful!!

But what about diving trim characteristics? Assuming a tall diver (i.e. is tall enough to handle the 120s greater length), would one tank's dimensions (LP104 (E8-130) VS HP120(E7120)) be preferable?[120 (7.25"D 28"L) , 104 (8"D 25.56L)] Does the 104 feel like it sits high/tall on your back making you feel "back heavy"?

I guess what I am asking is, any ideas on which dimension would be more "enjoyable" to have strapped on your back as a single and or double?

Thanks again.

I can tell you that the old 104's are very comfortable in the water. A friend of mine has the old HP120 and he likes the trim with that tank. Best is to try it if you can, before making a purchase.

the whole thing seems like "much to do about nothing" to me. Hopefully it will drive the price of the LP cylinders down so I can get those double 108's I've been looking for, now THAT would make me a believer in the E8's!!!!

:rolleyes:

BIGJC once bubbled...
the whole thing seems like "much to do about nothing" to me.

The big deal is now you have 26 more cft of air in the same sized tank! That seems pretty cool to me. Double them up...52 cft extra...or half a 104 extra on your back.

I just got my 130s wet last night...I really like the way they feel.

I own two 100s and one 120.

All three are, to my ability to determine, "dead on" with their claimed buoyancy empty.

I took EXACTLY five pounds off my belt when going from an AL80 to these tanks, and found that my weight check was spot on.

That correlates to about -1.5 empty for the new E7s.

Soggy,

In addition to your PST 130s, have you or anyone else ever dove with PST HP (or E7) 120s...and if so could you compare your experience with the two in terms of trim, performance/overall impression?

Thanks a lot!

Soggy once bubbled...

The big deal is now you have 26 more cft of air in the same sized tank! That seems pretty cool to me. Double them up...52 cft extra...or half a 104 extra on your back.

I just got my 130s wet last night...I really like the way they feel.

Oh yea just rub it in why dont you :D

Has anyone actually dove with the new E-7 and E-8 tanks that used to be the old LP and HP tanks . All the rhetoric and quoting of the buoyancy characteristics will be answered when we hear from people who are actually diving these tanks.

and now own three E7s, as noted.

The E7s are, to my best ability to determine, identical in buoyancy to the old HPs.

I love mine; arguably the most satisfying investment I've made since starting to dive.

The E7s are, to my best ability to determine, identical in buoyancy to the old HPs.

I love mine; arguably the most satisfying investment I've made since starting to dive.

Genesis...that is great to hear. You haven't by any chance, in addition to your 120s, ever dove the 130s (lp 104s) or 119s (lp95s) have you?

If so, could you please compare them in terms of trim and general performance...i.e. why should/would someone choose one set over the other?

Thank you!!

Jon

Back
Top Bottom