Why should I pay $550 more for a Nauticam housing over Ikelite housing? RX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm getting an RX100.
I want to add a wide angle lens and a couple of strobes. Most of my shooting will be either wide angle or with the in camera lens. I will do very little macro.

Is the benefit of a Nauticam or Recsea housing worth the extra $550?

Please explain why?

Thanks

Why buy a Ferrari when you can get a Corvette?

I think the nauticam is more ergonomically friendly but the Ikelite is a solid housing and will serve you well (sharkygill's set-up used to be mine until the gear huer in me took over and I bought a G15)...at the end of the day, tho, I have seen nothing that tells/shows me there is any negative effect in using one housing over the other with respect to taking photos (other than lens options).

(sharkygill's set-up used to be mine until the gear huer in me took over and I bought a G15)
You let go the RX100 for a G15???

You let go the RX100 for a G15???
:idk:...yeah because my inner gear whore takes over so I like to try other cameras/regs/backplates/etc...I will probably pick up another RX100 or just house my DSLR (Sony A65) as I get closer to retirement. The G15 hasn't disappointed me yet.

What does the G15 do better than the RX100 exactly?

nothing but I don't need it to. it is a better handling camera than the RX100 but that's really it (I mishandled the RX100 quite a few times on land...thank god for the lanyard around my wrist). the OVF is nice but I don't use it on the G15 like I do with EVF on my DSLR.

I think the thrill of saying you're using a "Naughty" Cam should be enough of an incentive. Couldn't resist, but being a videographer I can't offer any insight on still camera housings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom