Why Padi wants to create a community and sell trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In drilling into a possible trip (Aqua Cat) it does show that and added benefit is accident insurance if the trip is >$1000. It may or may not be wroth while but that is something that I have not seen on any other site selling spots on liveaboards.

Yes, good point. All 4 of the open trips I have are all over $1K and so far, I have not received any policy #s or information regarding this. Not sure how a claim would work if you needed it but it is through Dive Assure. I will ask about it and report back....

Yes, good point. All 4 of the open trips I have are all over $1K and so far, I have not received any policy #s or information regarding this. Not sure how a claim would work if you needed it but it is through Dive Assure. I will ask about it and report back....

When I booked with Diviac, I did get a Dive Assure membership certificate attached to one of the emails. Unfortunately for me, it is not value-added because I already had DAN dive accident insurance. Plus, the policy that was provided for free was for dive accidents only, and didn't include the liveaboard rider, so again, not value-added FOR ME. It would be excellent for someone who did not already have DAN or another equivalent.

When I booked with Diviac, I did get a Dive Assure membership certificate attached to one of the emails. Unfortunately for me, it is not value-added because I already had DAN dive accident insurance. Plus, the policy that was provided for free was for dive accidents only, and didn't include the liveaboard rider, so again, not value-added FOR ME. It would be excellent for someone who did not already have DAN or another equivalent.

I just confirmed that they issue a Dive Assure policy # once the GIS form is submitted. (Oops - I haven't done that yet!) I also have DAN...The benefit here would be that Dive Assure's dive accident policy is primary by default whereas DAN is secondary by default if you have other coverage. However, if you have no othercoverage, DAN will slot itself as primary so that's nice. One big benefit is, should you exceed the limits of your DAN dive accident insurance coverage either by per occurrence or lifetime, PADI Travel's free Dive Assure policy could help you out there and vice versa with DAN's. I'm not sure how much their default free coverage is for...I will find out shortly. I think it would have to be a pretty serious issue for someone to blow past their coverage amounts or it could also be a case of not having bought enough coverage from DAN for those with DAN coverage. Let's hope none of us will ever have to use it!

Last edited:
There are no booking fees or credit card fees incurred when booking direct with All Star Liveaboards and we take pride in having one of the most knowledgable and experienced staff in the dive industry.

www.allstarliveaboards.com

Back
Top Bottom