Why not DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, the initial contract you sign includes your basic info, dive history, medical info and training, insurance info and whether you've ever smoked, used alcohol, drugs and such. Then you promise to take personal resposibility for everything and exempt GUE and your instructor from all responsibility and liability. Then you sign your initials to indicate that you understand and agree that if you are deemed not to represent GUE standards anymore they can revoke your certification at any moment, you are not to use illicit drugs, excessive alcohol or medications that may interfere with diving, and you are to do regular exercise.

That's a short and approximate summary. The actual thing is 5 or 6 pages long.

The thing I signed after the course was a 1 page contract (iirc) with similar requirements, plus something about not diving beyond your cert level or not doing dives you are not certified to do (I forget the exact wording).

oh, okay. So actually that may explain why say for example, someone did something not GUE and they wouldn't want to broadcast it. You could lose your cert. So that really does make it easier to understand.

on-float, no, I was just making a point that I think I should be anle to ask what everyone else is wondering also. I mean, you don't think I am the only one wanting to know these things? You changed your Avatar! I did not recognize you Sir!

Yep, I changed it to one that would show my good side.:wink:

I think that there are quite a few people that want to know about this stuff and then there are others that are instantly offended by the name or some statements that happend years ago. It's easy to get caught up by the tangible stuff, that's not really true. My gear has to be .... brand. It all has to be....color. When it's really more of an approach to diving.

I posted this link at the begining of the thread to help identify what DIR is.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1568601&postcount=36

people, either take a DIRF class or don't.

its really embarassingly obvious that everyone who is criticising DIR on this thread don't know any more about it than they've gotten out of threads like this one (garbage in, garbage out).

actually we were having a lot of fun and positive conversation in here today. It is a forum, Lamont. We were actually talkng about kick cycles for quite awhile. You should go think up some brand new scuba subject and get a fresh exciting topic going. here, just so you don't think I am a witch......:D

catherine96821:
actually we were having a lot of fun and positive conversation in here today. It is a forum, Lamont. We were actually talkng about kick cycles for quite awhile. You should go think up some brand new scuba subject and get a fresh exciting topic going. here, just so you don't think I am a witch......:D

The other thread is good, this one just seems to be going around and around all the junk that we've been over a thousand times...

By the way, does anyone know of any GUE student whose GUE certification was revoked for not living up to GUE standards, and if so what happened? I know some GUE instructors have lost their teaching privileges for ripping off students' masks and such - and evertually they will all fail the swim test due to old age, but what about just regular GUE divers.

*Floater*:
By the way, does anyone know of any GUE student whose GUE certification was revoked for not living up to GUE standards, and if so what happened?
The bodies were never recovered.
*Floater*:
I know some GUE instructors have lost their teaching privileges for ripping off students' masks and such
Gotta call BS...got any cites on that

catherine96821:
Andy,You are right though, you definetly are not allowed to banter in DIR,
so I will mosey on back to photography since mum is apparently the word.

well... yes, the DIR forum is a no-troll zone

but this isn't the DIR forum, so you are allowed to banter eyebrow

i was teasing

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom