Why I'm Buying A Zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the post, Joe!!

We are not nearly as big as some of the other companies you called, but we do our best to make every customer who calls feel appreciated.

Like Michael said, you often see people post only when bad things happen, but it is ALWAYS nice to see something like your post!!!

Thanks again, and dive safe!

Scott

It's amazing.

The companies and retailers here I would argue could DIRECTLY attribute a significant portion of their sales, and good word passed about their products directly from Scubaboard.

I said when I got back into SCUBA last fall, that I was going to concentrate on buying top notch gear I didn't care WHO'S name was on it. Large or small company, I was interested in service and quality.

Companies local to me:

Dive Rite - Own one of their wings, 2 of their regs, one of their spools
Halcyon - Own their BC
Salvo - Numerous sales of smaller items, recommend regularly
Zeagle - Formerly owned one of their BCs, will buy regs for stage/deco bottles.

People who post directly on Scubaboard

USIA - Currently dealer for their drysuits
Zeagle - Mentioned previously
Apollo - Not currently offering a product I need. But quality company
DSS - Own one of their Wings, one of their spools
ScubaToys - Haven't purchased from Larry, but send business there often.
Manta - Will own one of their lights and likely SMB this fall
Oceanic - Own one of their regs (Delta)
Dive Sports - Bought Suunto Vyper from them

This is direct impact. Of the nearly $2500 I've spent on gear in the past 8 months, probably 95% has come from either local manufacturers, stores, or scubaboard merchants.

Kudos to all of you for the magnificent support you give the diving community. My purchasing decisions and those of most of my friends in diving, continues to be based on how these companies do business, treat customers, and offer support.

Customers ARE paying attention.

Wow, great story. I've recently had very pleasant experiences with Atomic and Oceanic, on a reg and a computer, respectively. There's nothing quite like finding one of 'those brands' that you know you'll stick with for the rest of your life. Apple is one of these, for me.

I will add my huge kudos to Zeagle as well....
I purchased a Zena from a shop going out of business for a decent price. But after wearing a couple times I realized the fit was not very good. The shop was no longer in existance. I happened to run into the guys from Zeagle at a local function and showed them my problem. Although they revealed that this particular shop still owed them for the BC they switched out my shoulder section on the spot at no cost!

I now love my Zena and will be happy to refer my students to Zeagle as a choice of equipment. Service makes all the difference!!

ReneeC:
I now love my Zena and will be happy to refer my students to Zeagle as a choice of equipment.
I, too, own a Zena BCD, purchased from my LDS. Haven't bought a reg from Zeagle yet, but I really love the BCD. The zipper front, instead of the wetsuit-chewing velcro cumberbun, is one of the nicest features. When I first started diving, the Zena was perfect. But when I progressed to a bit more advanced diving (carrying a pony bottle on deeper dives) I found the Zena wasn't "teckie" enough. Instead of buying a new BC, I just sewed on a couple of metal D rings for my pony and, viola!, a tecked-up Zena.

I also have a Zeagle BCD(Ranger), I've got all of my 78 dives on it, and it still looks like it's fresh off the showroom floor. Obviously they make a quality product, I appear to be hard on equiptment as the rest of my equiptment shows.

While I have not compared manufactures is such a way side, by side, I've posted similar experiences with Zeagle since I started diving.

When you need support, you don't get some *guy* you get the guy! I spoke with Jim Fox when I had a regulator issue. When I was considering a Stiletto (which I purchased) I spoke with Scott.

Bonus, you also have Scott on SB answering general questions.

Zeagle rules, and they get my BC, and Reg biz. Bonus, MADE IN THE USA. This is becoming increasingly important as we see more and more of our core businesses sending $$$ overseas.

Owning two Zeagle regs, a Zeagle Drysuit, and Ranger BC because they are good products, priced fairly, and made in America, I'm a supporter of Zeagle. I too had some issues which Jim Fox answered. But lately no one is answering my e-mails or giving my LDS answers on an issue with my drysuit. I've had to hunt down the manufacture of the valves on the drysuit to get answers and parts. Zeagle didn't answer the two e-mails. The phone call got a "don't know where to get parts" answer. On another issue with two Envoy second stage discoloration (photo send to Zeagle) absolutely nothing happened.
I figured that the once quick to respond Zeagle had changed and now is too busy to talk to consumers. I could be wrong but my drysuit still leaks at the dump valve each time I dive it, reminding me that I still need the parts (coming from England). While I haven't abandoned Zeagle they haven't supported me.

Where did you send the emails?? We get literally 1000 emails per day, thanks to spam. Unfortunately, sometimes addresses get caught in the spam filter. It is unfortunate - but it happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom