Why E8s and not E7s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kingprawn once bubbled...
Won't a E7-120 and an E8-119 have about the same volume of air at 3000? They have the same volume at 3446.

I was on a boat last week with a diver using double E8-130s. Next to my E7-120s they were huge!

Isn't the big difference that the cave divers will pump up the E-8s and LPs to 4000+? No one will pump up an E-7 or HP tank.

Then in the next breath they will tell you that high preasure tanks (E-7) will wear out your reg faster.

Yes, an E7-120 and an E8-119 should have roughly the same volume when filled to the same pressure. Their water capacities are within a few cubic inches of each other.

It would seem that the comparable capacity E8s would be wider than the E7s, which would be taller......

You got it.

.80 of a inch wider and thus shorter for the same internal volume in the E8 (8 inch diameter vs E7 7.2 inch diameter).

Which is not to say one is better or worse than the other. It's simply a matter of form factor once one gets over losing the whole 1 cubic foot on the e7-100 vs the e8-119

I've heard taller divers say they prefer the e7-120 over the e8-119 because the weight is spread further down their body and it seems to give them easier trim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom