Why does PADI not have a "Find an instructor"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know the "Find and instructor" section on SDI/TDI is not well formatted, but it is nice to be able to find one. What is PADI's reasoning for not having something like this?

To find a PADi instructor, (1) find a dead cat, (2) grasp it firmly by the tail, and then (3) swing it. I'm guessing that's hard to code into HTML. *insert rimshot here*

To paraphrase Diver0001, people on SB tend to know stuff. Most people, like me at the time, I would think don't know what a PADI is (well, maybe more now with everyone owning a computer). But still, I would guess a majority just go to the closest LDS and sign up for a course. Figuring Scuba is Scuba, don't they all just teach you how to do it? It's probably the PADI pushing shop courses idea more, but people just not knowing anything may be a certain part of the reasoning for no Instructor listings. Also, a list could be just one of names--anything more, like experience, no. of certs. the instructor has done, etc. wouldn't necessarily mean he/she is better than the next one. But it's probably the LDS thing...

To find a PADi instructor, (1) find a dead cat, (2) grasp it firmly by the tail, and then (3) swing it. I'm guessing that's hard to code into HTML. *insert rimshot here*

Why does the cat have to be dead?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

An off-topic discussion in this thread has been split off into a new thread located here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...padi-naui-creation-not-profit-econcomics.html

Note that since the debate is largely about agency training standards and was being debated between instructors for two different agencies, you will need to be registered, this forum is open only to people registered on the board as instructors. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

I understand the dive center side of things. I work for one in each of my home bases.

The problem that a student of mine had recently is that he wanted a specific course and had to call three dive shops to find one with an instructor that could teach the course.

Even if the dive center lookup tool had the ability to list the classes the dive center has the ability to teach would be a good start.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom