Why Do You Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me it is the simple release of stress from my job. I try and dive as often as I can, however, due to circumstances beyond my control I will have limited diving in the next year. My stress level will go way up. LOL

I got into it because of what is down below. Feb will be the first trip to Cozumel and from what i have read it is going to be exciting.

Sudsy

The weightlessness, the feeling of freedom and flying--so many others have said it so eloquently here. I love that I step off the edge of a boat and into another worldand in as much as I can with a tank of air on my back, I am a part of this new world, interacting with it. There isn't a tv or movie screen available that can do the reality of seeing a colorful nudibranch justice.

Some things just speak to you. Diving speaks to me. Oh, and I love to do it with my wife.......:eyebrow:

For starters, it is relaxing and exciting all in one. My life and job non stop and tends to be high pressure. Diving is where my world slows down and where I find peace at. Diving also feeds my technical side...all the gadgets and toys make diving so much fun. I am addicted to diving and have no plans for rehab. :wink:

relaxing, exciting, and it's fun to meet and exchange stories with other divers. the feeling of "flying" also is a big motivator for me...and yes i used to dream of becoming an astronaut when i was a kid...this is the closest to flying i think i can get. :D

As a young toddler I conquered the deep end of the bathtub and explored all of its underwater structure. Yes most certainly the drain.

As a small child I free dove the entire expanse of the wading pools. Each year a new wading pool with new things to look at.

Through the rest of my teenage years I traveled far and near to investigate the deep end of oh so many swimming pools and muddy lake sides.

You see, I didn't spend time on top of the water like more "normal" children, but wished to be able to stay under until I wanted to come up. The horrible truth is I was born a fish with gills. Grade school was a mean place with mean children.:rofl3:

ParamedicDiver1:
For starters, it is relaxing and exciting all in one. My life and job non stop and tends to be high pressure. Diving is where my world slows down and where I find peace at. Diving also feeds my technical side...all the gadgets and toys make diving so much fun. I am addicted to diving and have no plans for rehab. :wink:

Could'nt have said it better myself ! Its definately peaceful.....especially when your diving with someone you love.

To be honest with you, I have been certified since 2004 and was still wondering that until I dove my first wrecks. Once you get it - you get it.

I recently bought a shirt that says it all.

"To dive or not to dive? What a stupid question"

Back
Top Bottom