Why did my camera housing flood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again, improper handling. If the diver is stupid enough to leave his plastic housing on a dashboard or in direct sunlight, that's his own problem.

It's amazing, though, what a cursory examination of an instruction booklet will do for the photographer. Regardless if the material or manufacturer, I have never seen instructions that ever encouraged jumping overboard with any housing in hand . . .

At the Northsea here you can jump overboard with a housing in your hand or leave the housing at home.

There is so much current that you have to jump overboard with all your gear...
(Doubles, stage(s) and camera housing)

At the Northsea here you can jump overboard with a housing in your hand or leave the housing at home.

There is so much current that you have to jump overboard with all your gear...
(Doubles, stage(s) and camera housing)

Well, that's fabulous. I too have been in heavy currents off Northern Europe and the Pacific Northwest in years past; and we had access to Zodiacs as well as the dive boat, with a skilled crew; and I was never forced to jump into the drink with a sizable Subal housing In hand -- nor has it ever flooded, by my doing so . . .

Did you sacrifice three virile roosters, and soak the o-rings in the blood of your enemies?

No..,

Such is the price for failing to appease the photo Gods.

Seriously? I don't even use silicone grease.

Well, that's fabulous. I too have been in heavy currents off Northern Europe and the Pacific Northwest in years past; and we had access to Zodiacs as well as the dive boat, with a skilled crew; and I was never forced to jump into the drink with a sizable Subal housing In hand -- nor has it ever flooded, by my doing so . . .

There are no other options here with heavy current and waves. You jump in the water with all your dive gear. When the dive is finished you will use a lift to get on the boat with all your divegear.

4:15

I jump with my GH5 with strobes from the back of a large boat I have not had issues yet

It depends on the housing. If you will use an old ikelite D70 housing with 2 screws to lock a 8 inch dome I think the change of flooding the camera will increase...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom