Why did Mares advertise product they do not even have in production yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvmjethead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking all over for an X Vision mask in clear/red. Most places say on backorder since September of 06".

Very frustrating to see the product you want to purchase and not be able to purchase it.

I don't think its a question of production, rather one of importation.

If they've produced all the "available" colors would it not be wise to import some of every available color?

Who knows maybe it is vaporwear. lol

Now, can anyone find the Mares lights?

bvmjethead:
Looking all over for an X Vision mask in clear/red. Most places say on backorder since September of 06".

Very frustrating to see the product you want to purchase and not be able to purchase it.

Yes, we have been out of stock, I don't think since Sept., but thats not the point. We do have the X Vision Mid in red in stock, the regular version I expect to have in by end of March, sorry but there may be some dealers who have some in stock.

The X-Vision Liquidskin will also be in by early April.

Our new lights will be out mid year.

Phil

Phil Mintz:
Our new lights will be out mid year.

Phil
Can't wait, they look great.

Hmmm... so the dive industry is taking a lesson from the computer industry these days by advertising vaporware. Good thing I stick with tried and tested older product and am not distracted by colors and fancy add-ons.

Just to clarify, Red in the X-Vision is not new, it has been out for two +years. We simply sold more than we anticipated (good thing) and did not reorder from the factory quick enough (bad thing). :)

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom