Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kind of easy:
DomRep: Dominican Republic
Diving

Gotta use more my imagination next time....

Usually (in most boards, and the 'old' IRC) my nickname was Toshiva.... because when I first got internet access I needed a nickname to log in to IRC, and I was one of the firsts to have access to the internet in my country, and my best friend had already figured out his nickname: Sony... so I though that nicknames had to be brandnames, (nickname was an unknown word for me, since my native language is spanish)....
In top of that I misspelled it, it should be TOSHIBA, not TOSHIVA...

Here I just wanted to change that to something more diving related, just tired of people asking why toshiVa with V?
heh....
I guess that's all....

My name is Mike. Paco was the name of my beloved sixteen year old cocker spaniel who went on to better things last summer.

aqua = because i love water (you know scuba and all that stuff :D )
babe = because i'm a girl...

i know, i know... nothing special :)

...to use my real name (which incidentally is Gaelic and translates as "Dark Warrior, Son-of-Rhys"). One of the instructors at Ginnie Springs calls me "Duncan Disorderly" and my Yahoo! ID is Sump4 after the place where someone said I would die....

Duncan

I was doing the daily local diving report for the "Surf Geru" website....It was "live streaming video" featuring local Florida surf reports, fishing forecast etc...I couldn't figure a good screen name for me so that's what the surfing community came up with and it stuck

Joe

After reading the source of some of these names I don't feel too badly for the lack of originality.

I am an air conditioning and heating contractor in Bennington Vermont. The name of my company is Bennington Cooling & Heating. Hence, "benncool"

Maybe I should of thought of something more "divey" like MapleNitrox

Well I used to be known as Scuba Bee, but since "bee" was a nickname an ex gave me...... I asked O-Ring for help and he tossed out a few names and I liked "o2 clean" the best. So there ya go! :wink:

Even though I am called by my middle name, my legal first name is William. Growing up in our small town I raised quite a bit of H*LL. Hence the name Wildbill.

As Paul Harvey would say, "And now you know the rest of the story":D

Last summer I had to go into emergency surgery so I disappeared from work -- dropped out of sight for a couple of weeks (I was heavily medicated -- sweeeet -- thus incommunicado). Apparently in my absence people began referring to me as The Ghost Of Paul. Everyone here has a nickname, and mine stuck. I am officially the Ghost Of Paul. It didn't seem right for the Board so I just modified it to Ghostdiver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom