Why are so many female divers codependent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must say I had the most annoying *helper* DM yesterday on P****Island bvi He would grab my necklace reg, my mask, my long hose as soon as I set foot on the boat and tangle it all up. I actually finally had to tell him to stop helping because he would grab my tank valve and
pull me off my center of gravity. I'll come right out and say it, it is often bossy British men. You don't find anybody that heavy handed in the South Pacific. They had divers literally walking all over the coral, but I guess they were rich enough so nobody said anything.
Boo, I give them a D-:D:idk:

I'm going to stay on topic with this, however I had an interesting discussion with one of my buddy's and his wife today. She is a non diver, however very loving and truly supportive of her husband. She mentioned today that her husband (mid 30's) is having some issues with the heavy gear (we both dive steel 100's). So naturally the topic rolled over to taking care of your body now, and address the issue. So, we are somewhat co-dependant on each other, but just the zipping of his drysuit (here could you hold my camera a moment), and ensuring on a pre-dive gear check that everything is where it should be. I, on the other hand, need him to take my steel to the water and then I assemble stuff and he helps me into it while it floats. I am looking into idiotic cards now because it seems this might be a permanent gearing-up lifestyle change for me. Stupid shoulder surgery...............:depressed: Ahem, if you have any suggestions let me know, I'm looking at systems that I attach my tank to and pop the wheels off when I start diving, don't want to mention the name here and lose face with the mods. Thanks!!!

I'm going to stay on topic with this, however I had an interesting discussion with one of my buddy's and his wife today. She is a non diver, however very loving and truly supportive of her husband. She mentioned today that her husband (mid 30's) is having some issues with the heavy gear (we both dive steel 100's). So naturally the topic rolled over to taking care of your body now, and address the issue. So, we are somewhat co-dependant on each other, but just the zipping of his drysuit (here could you hold my camera a moment), and ensuring on a pre-dive gear check that everything is where it should be. I, on the other hand, need him to take my steel to the water and then I assemble stuff and he helps me into it while it floats. I am looking into idiotic cards now because it seems this might be a permanent gearing-up lifestyle change for me. Stupid shoulder surgery...............:depressed: Ahem, if you have any suggestions let me know, I'm looking at systems that I attach my tank to and pop the wheels off when I start diving, don't want to mention the name here and lose face with the mods. Thanks!!!

Don't worry about the Mods or anyone else. Really most of the time it is only our pride getting in the way! People only get fed up with drama queesn (of either gender), play the helpless hopeless role when it seems to be all about attention seeking.

Do what you need to to get in the water, adapt as needed as long as you can dive safely.. who cares? Any diver worth their salt will be happy to give reasonable assistence and if they are thinking unexpressed thoughts they are more likely thinking how glad they are that they are lucky enough to dive.... that they may need help one day... that they are glad you are getting to dive! The rest.. really aren't worth worrying about IMHO!

RE shoulder surgery, torn rotator, frozen shoulder, I highly recommend ART ( active release technique ) done by a qualified chiro
They can create some space where the impingement occurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II9Xhy5fc50

he works on Iron Man athletes on site

getting your shoulder squared away when you are carrying tanks is on topic ! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom