Suggestion Why am I Blocking ads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
R

redacted

You asked: Why are you blocking the ads? Don't you know that SB is advertiser supported?!
Why not just be a supporting member then?

I block ads because they are annoying the way they are presented and I can; so I do. But I would not mind having a link to Scubaboard ads that I could access when I want to.

I block ads because my machine runs faster without them updating every few seconds, and I have not received an malware since running an ad blocker.

The message disappeared for me after navigation......I take that as a fact that the system just had to catch up on log on.

Last edited:
Maybe as a response to this?

Obviously, but why rub their noses in it? Block what you don't like and move on. Fact of the matter is, the banner you show above was put up as a direct response to a "rubbing it in" post in a previous thread. Why antagonize our hosts?

Obviously, but why rub their noses in it? Block what you don't like and move on. Fact of the matter is, the banner you show above was put up as a direct response to a "rubbing it in" post in a previous thread. Why antagonize our hosts?

After a momentary blip this morning, my system is running properly so I no longer have a dog in this. BUT......

When is a question not a question seeking an answer? When it is clear it is rhetorical. I do not see where anything in that banner claims that it is a rhetorical question.....therefore to respond is not out of line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom