Who's Wetsuit is This?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brodydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wanting to put my name or identifiying marks on the inside/outside of my wetsuit so it doesn't walk off again like it did on a recent trip.:D What works well on neoprene and will stay on throughout the most dives? I was told puff paint will work but I don't really want that puffy feeling.

"Marsh88" paint markers seem to work well and are available at most LDS. They are like non-puffy paint pens, but water proof. I've also used black sharpie on light colored neoprene. I prefer to mark my suits on the inside (usually down the zipper panel).
I've seen small plastic engraved pet tags on the zipper pulls but these look very functional.
http://www.yourbagtag.com/store/pc/YourZipTag-Wetsuit-Zipper-Pull-24p133.htm I've seen this company's mask, bcd and tank wraps up close...nice work.

Reactions: D_B
Assuming you're trying to prevent accidental confusion rather than intentional theft, replacing any zipper pull tabs with something different is a way to mark a suit without painting it and can't wear off. Especially if it's a back zip where you usually have a long cord. We've replaced all of ours with neck straps from various trade shows and stuff. In addition to being unique I find the larger flat straps are easier to find and grab than the usual small cords. Or stop in a fabric store and buy something wild. Different look and feel should be enough to make someone notice right away they're grabbing the wrong suit, while writing on the inside may not.

The paint markers that "mselenaous" mentioned above are your option but note that the paint will fade fairly quickly due to friction and you will have re-apply it frequently.

You can also "glue" patches on the top of your arm to make the suit unique.

The paint markers that "mselenaous" mentioned above are your option but note that the paint will fade fairly quickly due to friction and you will have re-apply it frequently.

Thanks. Reapplying frequently was exactly what I was trying to avoid. My husband bought a paint marker but it didn't seem to last very long. I may try some of these other ideas along with the marker.

Ain't it fun when everyone's suit looks the same!

Next time get a custom suit in custom colors. Then nobody will mistake your suit.

On the patches, you could try colored Iron Mend if you can still find it.

Elena, I know this reply is a bit dated but we (YourBagTag) just joined ScubaBoard. Thank you for the kind words on our products. We hope to support and answer questions for divers around name tags, zipper pulls, mask straps, etc. We just returned from our first DEMA as an exhibitor and we are very excited. I am also an avid diver myself (emeritus PADI scuba instructor).

Reactions: D_B

Back
Top Bottom