Who's interested in a gear demo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anybody interested in trying out a Freedom Plate?
I have an extra rig all set up ready to go for people who are curious about how the plate feels and dives.
I will possibly have another in a few weeks so that would be two.
I can go to Monterey or a spot on the North Coast.
I just did one last weekend and it was great.
No obligation to buy anything, just a fun dive.
I don't know how else to get people to try it out unless I offer a demo as an option.
Bring your own reg set. If you use an airII it's not a problem, I have an extra LP inflator hose we can swap out and an octo we can add.
I have weightbelts and extra weight to fit whatever exposure protection you're using.
If you already dive a BP/W and know your weighting then we'll get you set up accordingly.
Bring your own tank or I have extra steel tanks, the only thing you would owe is the cost of the fill.

Please respond if you're interested. We can set a date once I know I have people that will participate.
At that time I will put it in the Norcal events section.

Thanks

Eric

I wish I'd read this before our dive at Gerstle yesterday! I did get to see Peter's Freedom Plate. Really nice finish work.

I am definitely interested. When are you going to MOnterey next time?

Don't bother demoing one, just hand Eric the money and buy one. If you don't want it after trying it, then you can easily sell it. Although they NEVER seem to come up for sale used...hmmm that says something. Or demo one, but bring cash cause you will want one.

Lynne had I even thought about it you and or Peter could have borrowed mine or Adeline's.

If you are thinking about a BPW set up do the demo. I did it 2 weeks ago and man was it an awesome feeling. Now all I need to do is save for the set up(saving for a wedding so most money goes there) but I am for sure getting one. Eric knows his stuff and will even dial you in on weight. We did one dive and the weight was spot on. He is a good dive partner and will make you feel comfortable in the water with his gear.

Back
Top Bottom