who's got the short AL80's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
looking for the site that sells the short aluminum 80's?

which dive shop here in Ct or RI is selling short AL 80's?

uh, what are you talking about?

There are Luxfer and Catalina 80s (3000 psi), there are Luxfer Neutral 80s (3300 psi - thicker walls), there are short STEEL 80s, ...but an aluminum 80 requires a certain interior volume if it's to hold (close to) 80 cu ft and remain 7.25" in external diameter.

Are you referring to AL 63s? (which are the same diameter as AL 80s but shorter?)

Have I missed something, I always thought the shorter Al tanks were AL63s and AL50s.

These posts were merged from a double post.
the K

you were right they have the AL80's

Doc Intrepid:
uh, what are you talking about?

There are Luxfer and Catalina 80s (3000 psi), there are Luxfer Neutral 80s (3300 psi - thicker walls), there are short STEEL 80s, ...but an aluminum 80 requires a certain interior volume if it's to hold (close to) 80 cu ft and remain 7.25" in external diameter.

Are you referring to AL 63s? (which are the same diameter as AL 80s but shorter?)

Luxfer also makes an 8 inch diameter AL 80 that is only 22.9 inches long. They call it the S808. The specs are listed on Luxfer's site:

http://www.luxfercylinders.com/products/scuba/specifications/us_imperial.shtml

RIOceanographer:
Luxfer also makes an 8 inch diameter AL 80 that is only 22.9 inches long. They call it the S808. The specs are listed on Luxfer's site:

http://www.luxfercylinders.com/products/scuba/specifications/us_imperial.shtml

FWIW the Pressed Steel E7-80 are even shorter, much lighter and have better bouyancy than the S808. With a sellling price around $200. the cost is not as painfull as it's 100 CF brother and the 80s can be found. I wasn't able to find any pricing but I would expect the S808 to be priced higher thatn the comodity AL80.

We've started out with a pair of the E7-80 and like them. They will probably end up being my wife's. If our consumtion is typical I'll balance out with the 100s.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom