Who's diving a Whites Back Zip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maniago

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
...and can you get in and out of it yourself?

I dove a front zip Fusion and liked it. But as go I, usually follows my wife. So cost wise, two back zips are better than two front zips (and being my perminent buddy, backzip help is not far away).

That said, when I'm not with her and soloing (in the future), can I get in and out with no help and no circus acts? (I do have full range of shoulder motion, as does she).

Thanks for any help!

I have dove the backzip Fusion One. I am astonished at the price it's sold for - as far as I can tell it is a Fusion that's had the zipper moved, and it is quite the value.

I am able to zip myself in and out. The flexibility of the suit helps quite a bit, plus, you can use your free hand to pull the zipper ends over your shoulder so you can grab the zipper tails.

...It's worth noting, however, that I am definitely NOT the mainstream drysuit user in regards to being able to operate this zipper - for example, I can turn off my left post with my right hand.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom