Whoo hoo! State Fair Time!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Time for my yearly Fair Promo.

Just a reminder the Great State Fair of Texas, (the largest state fair in this great country), begins on Sept. 28th, (which happens to be the 18th annual celebration of my 29th birthday:11:... In 3 years I just start counting backwards :D)

Anyway, I wanted to invite all fish lovers to stop by the Dallas Aquarium at Fair Park, while at the Fair. Unfortunately, our dive program has been suspended due to the Amazon Flooded Forrest exhibit having a structural problem and has been cut down for the new "Tidal touch tank", opening soon. it will have small sharks and rays for the kiddos to observe up close and touch. how cool is that!

Volunteers will be working Wed., Sat. & Sun.'s throughout the Fair and on those days we will have the existing touch tank open with critters to see and touch, the bio-cart (sealife artifacts ie. "dead stuff"), parahna feedings on Saturdays, shark feedings on Sundays & maybe on Wed. they feed the alagator...not sure about that one.

I'm not sure what other tricks the director has up his sleeve, but we usually have some kind of special things going on.

We just got in a new giant ocotpus among with a bunch of new fish. so the exhibits are well stocked.

I will be working on Sat. Oct. 6 and the one last day of the Fair, Sun. Oct.21st, stop by and say "howdy".

Oh! and while at the fair, look for my sunset picture at the arts & crafts building, my fish picture didn't place this year :( , but I placed Honorable Mention in the "Texas skies" catagory with a pic of a little boy fishing siluetted against the sunset over Cedar Creek Lake.

Just a reminder the Great State Fair of Texas, (the largest state fair in this great country), begins on Sept. 28th, (which happens to be the 18th annual celebration of my 29th birthday:11:... In 3 years I just start counting backwards :D)

Hmmmmm....I'll have to remember to roll over my odometer in 3 years, too...LOL

Hmmmmm....I'll have to remember to roll over my odometer in 3 years, too...LOL

Man I'm glad I'll never be as old as ya'll. (hehehehehehehe!)

"B.W.'s Original Fried Banana Pudding also uses a fried tortilla as its casing. Inside is banana pudding, and the whole thing is topped with whipped cream and powdered sugar or cinnamon.
The recipe belongs to B.W. Morrow, a longtime fair food vendor who died of a heart attack this year. His sister decided to enter the recipe in the contest to honor him."

'nuff said.

A commentator on NPR, while interviewing two of the entrants in this year's State Fair Cook-off, made the remark, "Well, we all know Texans will fry anything..." :rofl3:

"B.W.'s Original Fried Banana Pudding also uses a fried tortilla as its casing. Inside is banana pudding, and the whole thing is topped with whipped cream and powdered sugar or cinnamon.
The recipe belongs to B.W. Morrow, a longtime fair food vendor who died of a heart attack this year. His sister decided to enter the recipe in the contest to honor him."

'nuff said.

Dang Debra you sure know how to dampen the mood....... :( ........ that Fried Banana Pudding sounds good!! :D

I just thought the irony was to obvious to pass up. :skull: , with that said I will be purchasing my tickets as soon as I enter the gates. How much do you think that nanner pudding will cost? 5 tickets, 8 tickets, 10?

I just thought the irony was to obvious to pass up. :skull: , with that said I will be purchasing my tickets as soon as I enter the gates. How much do you think that nanner pudding will cost? 5 tickets, 8 tickets, 10?

LOL....I don't know...I bet a 'FEW' tickets,,,Bonny and Ii re right behind you in the nanner line for sure!! Yummmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom