• Always Wear One

Votes: 103 39.9%
  • Sometimes Wear One

Votes: 70 27.1%
  • Only When Diving From The Shore

Votes: 12 4.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

In a rescue class a snorkel must be used because some of the exersizes require response with only mask snorkel and fins. However, I was told that this class also could be done with a full face mask.

Right. I have NO problem with this. Because I'm SNORKELING and not DIVING during those exercises.

I go back to my training and I do the real thing the way I train.
I wear it an use it.

I always wear my snorkel "just because". I was trained that way, my friends wear them, and all of the dive instructors I know use them. But now that I read this thread, I'm thinking about swapping out my traditional snorkel for a folding one.

I do use my snorkel a lot when I am on the surface so I don't think I want to get rid of it altogether. But when I get underwater it becomes a real PITA. I constantly grab it when looking for my inflator hose, and once I nearly pulled my mask off in the process! My snorkel doesn't bang me in the head, but I can feel it drag while swimming.

Any good recommendations on a folding snorkel? And do they work as well as the traditional snorkels?

Thx....Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom