who uses nitrox?

Do you use nitrox?

• Not trained to use it.

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • Don't see a need for the type of diving I do.

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • I use it mainly for the safety benefit.

Votes: 40 29.2%
  • I use it for the type of diving I do, ie to get a longer bottom time.

Votes: 84 61.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I use it for both the safety factor and increased bottom time.

awap:
I only use it when it gets me more bottom time. For example, TX Flower Gardens where dive are fairly square and 70 to 100 ft. The reduction in the butt whoopin is a real nice side effect.
I rarely use nitrox in Maui or Cozumel. OTOH, 14 of my 16 dives last week in Florida were on nitrox. The big difference is that Boynton Beach/WPB dives are close to square profile, while Maui and Cozumel dives lend themselves to nice multilevel profiles that result in less loading.

Dont see the point for the type of diving i do. We never know until actually on the water and at sea what dive sites will be diveable or not. It could be 8m or 40m so getting a mix to allow all possibilities is difficult.

Result is i dive air all the time in the UK.

I use it when going to wrecks that lie a little deeper to get more bottom time. When doing the regular share dive I usually don't use it because nitrox costs and air is free (for me at least).

DORSETBOY:
does the padi nitrox level course provide a good intro into tech level diving?

no, not really.

what it does do is give you a better understanding of gases, NDL's, and nitrogen loads.

it's more like "advanced recretional" diving than "intro to tech"
diving.

I should, but I don't..................there is a safety benefit though.

I use it all the time, on every dive. 32%.

I figure it's not going to kill me if I get there and we can only do 40 foot shore dives, but it will also cover me up to my personal depth limit - which is around 100 feet.

Anything deeper than that would be on helium, and I won't do it anyway until I get more training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom