Who to do IDC with on Ultila?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manta Man,

Wow...it looks like you have your choice in UDC, Deep Blue Divers and Coral View a school that is great, great and great. So how can you go wrong. Maybe your walk around is the ticket for you.

About six months ago when I knew I would have the time, I too posted a simular post on SB asking about dive instruction on Utila. After my first intial email to UDC I too recieved the standard email from Andy, but the email did address my intial questions (I recieved two actually one to my work address and one to my personal address, so I knew it was a general prepared email). But that was not a turn-off for me. I realized that UDC most propably gets 100s of DM and IDC emails each month from people testing the waters. As I becan to work with Andy, I quickly noticed that he DOES read my emails and he has been great to answer them quickly. Over the last three months he has patiently been working with me through my many inquiries. I have started my DM On-line course and also plan to take their conservation program while I am there. I depart Kuwait in 18 days, 11 hours and about 35 minutes (but who is counting) for UDC; I can hardly contain myself. :banana:

I have been in education in one form or another since 1980, so if there is anything I can provide you about my UDC education from a student's perspective please feel free to PM me. :admingreet:

Good luck with your training...

~Michael~

They are the best in Utila, Central America, nah...in the industry!

A rather silly, if not downright ignorant statement to make from someone that has experienced only one of the 100's, if not 1000's of choices. Andy and Suzy are both excellent at what they do, no doubt about it, but perhaps a bit of comparison would help temper your hyperbole.

Do the walkabout!!!!!! Everyone wants to get your deposit before you get on the island. Once done you're hooked!!!!! Do the walkabout and decide for yourself. They are all great CD's on Utila. However, each on is different. Enjoy the IDC!

Hi again,
Certainly I think the walkabout is in order. I should be in Utila about 5 days prior to the start of the course dates so I guess that will be enough time. The only thing is that some offer extras like Nitrox Instr if you book online prior and / or shadowing courses, free diving etc prior to the course start dates - that's quite tempting.
Also does anyone know which CDs are resident with which IDC / CDC Centre? So far I know that Andy & Suzy work for UDC & Matt & Rich work for Deep Blue and/or Coral View. But what about Bay Island College they are a CDC centre who is the CD there? Any ideas?

Thx
MM

MM: When doing the walkabout discuss perks with all the CD's. If you are finishing up part of your DM, then it is customary to get in a lot of diving, ie group leading ect. Also they will negotiate for specialties.....also for break on lodging. You'll have a blast!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom