Who to dive with in Roatan?? (honestly)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanx for the input !!! I dove off a ? reputable shop(padi 5 star)

FWIW, 5-Star is a marketing term and is meaningless to divers. There are no "4-Star" (or "1-Star") operators. It's only relevant to PADI, since it means that the operator has met contractual obligations meant to ensure PADI's exclusivity.

Terry

My vote is for Bananarama Dive Center in West Bay. Not sure if you are going to be in that area, but they are great with that number in your group. Ask for Mal, the best guide Ive had in a while. Hope this helps.

I'll second that recommendation. I was there a few weeks back and had a blast.

Bananarama would be the perfect place to take your son who would be getting his OW cert. My brother and his wife both did it there and had a blast. The boats when I was last there were 6-8 seats max and the service is perfect for me. All of your geared is stored and dried at the dive shop on the boutiques premise only a short walk from your cabana. Great staff, great owners, great beach! The dives directly in front of the resort are ideal for a beginner and as well as someone more experienced. You must do the night dive off the beach. Amazing bioluminescence. Enjoy.

Isn't ILR under new management now? Seems that they have higher prices so hopefully a little better boats.

Dear Stan,
I do not know about bananarama. I think it may not be in the town of West End. It may be in West Bay beach . Will you have a car ? Can you transfer the referrel to Coconut Tree divers? ( Marco , Tim and Jose were great !) At the time we really needed tlc. They were very patient , professional , everything in the PADI OW book!
I think bananarama is good. I do not have personal experience there. Maybe someone does. Also check w/ coconut to see if they can take the referrel.Please send me a personal message . Have a great time w/ your son. Stay well - Zinfin

My wife did a refresher course at bananrama with Serena and we really liked her. As others have said, the dives off the beach are great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom