who owns Bare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff:
I just read that Suunto owns Bare. So the next time you buy a Bare suit you are helping our friends to the north-The Finns.

I thought you were asking who owned a Bare wetsuit or drysuit. I do.

I own a bare wetsuit and drysuit. I'm still supporting the locals though as they're made in BC, Canada. Just out my back door.

bcsean:
I own a bare wetsuit and drysuit. I'm still supporting the locals though as they're made in BC, Canada. Just out my back door.
Actually you're supporting the Aqualung company as they own Suunto and Bare.
The suits are not only made in BC but they have a factory in the states (If I recall correctly) as well and their European factory is on Malta :wink:

I own two Bare suits. A 3/2 Velocity Full & a 5/4 Full. I am very happy with both the quality of the suits and the good customer service the company provides. BTW, the people I dealt with were out of either Washiongton or Oregon or somewhere up there on the left coast.

I just got the CD4 Pro Drysuit and I'm dying to get it wet (while I stay dry :wink: ).

Going in about two weeks.

I have the 5/4 Velocity Full suit and the 3/5 Hooded vest. Happy with it all. Getting setup for 7mm this spring and I'll probably stay with them. Their hood proportions matched me better than some others I tried. Nice line with LDS and online availability.

I have have had stitching start to undo n a few spots but I just tied them off before it meant anything. I don't know how common this is with other brands. With all the stitching and use it didn't seem unreasonable.

Just got the 2005 catatlog in the mail the other day.

Pete

This is from Bare's web site.

FitzWright Company Ltd., located in Langley on the outskirts of Vancouver B.C., is North America's largest manufacturer of insulating water sports apparel. From a small start as a custom diving suit maker over 25 years ago, the company has grown to become a leading supplier of wetsuits, dry-suits, wading gear and water sports accessories. A wholly owned subsidiary, Bare Sportswear Corp., is based in Blaine Washington to serve the U.S. market. Towards the end of 1997, a second manufacturing facility was established in Malta to handle the growth in demand for diving products in the European markets. FitzWright Europe (Malta) Ltd. delivers its products to the market through independent distributors in most European countries. Products manufactured by the FitzWright Group of Companies are available in over 30 countries throughout the world.

FitzWright is a wholly owned subsidiary of Suunto Oy, based in Vantaa, Finland. As of late 1999, Suunto has itself become a subsidiary of Amer Group Plc., a Finnish corporation which owns and manages such well-known brands as Wilson (individual and team sports equipment) and Atomic (alpine winter sports products).

Well... there you have it.

Back
Top Bottom