Who makes the warmest boot...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flashover604

Reaction score
I don't want to start a boot war here, but I'm looking to upgrade my boots after my last dive. 41 minutes at 39 degrees in a Bare Arctic semi-dry with a Scubapro 1.5mm Glideskin and I was still pretty comfortable, except I couldn't really feel my toes...or lips... As for the lips, I'm probably just going to have to get used to that. However, I think I can do something about the toes. My current boots are U.S. Divers Islanders. I believe they're either 3 or 5mm. I'd almost bet on 3 by the feel of 'em, but I'm no micrometer. I'm looking for as warm a neoprene boot I can get, without having to replace my fins to fit 'em. Some have suggested Neo-Socks, are these made by Bare or Speedo? I've found the same name product from both. Thanks in advance...

My Neo-socks are by Bare

The size L does nice on a male size 10

pete

They looked better than the speedo version... more coverage anyway. I looked up the islander boot, and I'm pretty sure it's a 3mm, so I should be able to help my feet out quite a bit with a better boot and possibly a set of the neo-socks.They make a decent difference huh? I'm not surprised my feet went numb!

I use Akona 6.5mm booties and they are great in 40-50 degree water.

Has anyone tried the Bare Ice Boot, or their 7mm tall zipper boot?

I use a 2mm neo sock under my Pinnicale 6mm boots...toasty so far this season.

Jeremy

I've emailed Bare to see how their boots fit size-wise. I'm interested in their Ice Boot. I love their wetsuits, and hopefully their boots work as well as their suits...

Another vote for Seasoft and there gloves too

Instructor suggested them to me, I tried another brand, then went to Seasoft and never regreted it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom