Who knows Apeks stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear all Apeks users out there. I have some problem with my apeks purge button and the case cover. My old cover broke and I bought a new cover replacement. However the assembly is all apart. I need to assemble myself. That is the new 2013 version. I can't seem to install the purge button into the case. Can anyone advise?

Dear all Apeks users out there. I have some problem with my apeks purge button and the case cover. My old cover broke and I bought a new cover replacement. However the assembly is all apart. I need to assemble myself. That is the new 2013 version. I can't seem to install the purge button into the case. Can anyone advise?

Sure, post a pic and I'll be able to help you. Assuming you've got the right XTX model case cover etc, there should be a small spring that sits in the center of the purge and actual purge button just clips in. It "should" be fairly easy to see how it fits together.

---------- Post added October 30th, 2015 at 10:01 AM ----------

Hang on a sec I've got a newer XTX set here, I'll pull the purge apart and post bac in sec...

---------- Post added October 30th, 2015 at 10:04 AM ----------

Ignore my first post it appears they've change the design on the post 2013 XTX. Give me a couple of minutes to figure it out.

---------- Post added October 30th, 2015 at 10:09 AM ----------

Ok, got it apart, it's the ends that need to be slight compressed/ bent /squeezed toward each other as it's the ends that clip into place, ignore the four center legs you can see they do nothing.

Hopefully these pics will make it clearer:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

To fit the center spring in place you'll see four very small tabs in the center of the purge you need to snap the spring onto those tabs by slightly expanding the bottom coil of the spring.

---------- Post added October 30th, 2015 at 10:17 AM ----------

Insert one side of the purge into the case and then gently bend and push the other end and it will snap in.

To fit the center spring in place you'll see four very small tabs in the center of the purge you need to snap the spring onto those tabs by slightly expanding the bottom coil of the spring.

---------- Post added October 30th, 2015 at 10:17 AM ----------

Insert one side of the purge into the case and then gently bend and push the other end and it will snap in.

Thanks Bro. I will try it later. I ever break the purge corner forcing it in. I did not know it could be bent. :(

Not bent so much just very slightly squeezed in. It's kind of hard to explain clearly but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say. It's not too difficult snd doesn't require much force, it only needs about a mm to clip in. Good luck.

Hi Bro

I manage to squeeze the purge in with alot of hot water and force of leverage. The xtx200 purge button and the case cover seems to be harder than the one you have. But thanks. It is in at last.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom