http://www.diveheart.org/

Who is Kimber????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
I am new around here and have read a little about Kimber. Started reading the board about the time of her accident. Have read a lot of folks that are concerned for her, but I was wondering if you could fill a newbie in a few questions. I ask these out of sincerity and hope you will give those of us who are new a chance to get to know her though your eyes.

So here are few questions, please answer what applies to you:

Who is Kimber?
What makes her speical to you?
How has she had an impact on your life above or below the surface?
How did you meet her?
What did you about her the first time you met her- How has that changed over time?
Any stories about the two of you that you have fond memories of?
What is it about her that sets her appart from others?
What do you like about her most?
What kind of person is she?
If you could describe her in one line or one word, what would you say?

Thanks<
Leah

I first met Kimber when her now deceased husband used her account to threaten someone here on ScubaBoard. They were both banned on the spot. We don't allow any sort of threats on ScubaBoard.

When Mickey passed, it was obviously a traumatic event for her and she needed support. So, when she requested to be allowed back, I was more than happy to allow it. She is a pistol in all the right ways and I am so glad we let her back on.

We have exchanged PMs and E-Mails only... though I would love to meet her in person some time.

awful lot of rather personal questions for a 'newbie' just trying to "get to know her"... The best way to get a feel for Kimber is to read her posts... Your post is strange, a little creepy, kind of like a reporter fishing... She's quite alive, and you'll get a chance to get to know her when she comes back.

Leah, you would have gotten all the responses you needed from just asking "Who is Kimber?"

sorry if this comes off as harsh.

While I was at first intimidated by her skills, I have found that she is quite a nice person, very willing to go out of her way to help anyone who needs it. (even me, lol)
She has made friends with people from all over the globe, many of whom have never met her, but feel close to her none the less.

I have been visiting her in the hospital and it is a wonder to see her drive and determination to succeed in person ..

... and I feel privileged that she thinks of me as her friend

DB

Icegirl, sorry you were offended and also sorry that you didn't have anything positive to say. With several dozen of threads wishing her well, people putting pray for Kimber as their tag line--she is in almost every thread on the board. I thought it might be nice to read from people what was driving their outpouring of feelings. I also thought that as she is getting well and her visitors are reading posts from here that it might be encouraging to her to hear some of the postive experiences that people have had with her. Sometimes, we can have an encounter with someone and we touch them greatly and don't even realize it or remember it. Might be nice for everyone to hear about a few of those things and it might be nice for her to know why she is special to people.

On the accident page people are listed as being hurt all the time. A few posts and everyone goes back to their life without much thought. People are thinking about her and pulling for her and I suspect will continue to do so until she is able to pull back.

icegirl:
Your post is strange, a little creepy, kind of like a reporter fishing... She's quite alive, and you'll get a chance to get to know her when she comes back.

I'm convinced that Leah's motives are innocent. I've responded to her other posts and she seems genuine and nice.

On the other hand, why would you be suspcious of her? You have only 4 posrs here.

TheRedHead:
On the other hand, why would you be suspcious of her? You have only 4 posrs here.

She may only have 4 posts, but has been a member since Oct 2003. Shouldn't concern for Kimber be more important than reasons for posting?

People have confusing and conflicted feelings when someone has an accident of this magnitude....it can manifest itself in strange ways. I think we should all give the Kimber threads a break and wait for her to catch up, get well, and come back to live her own life.

When people feel stressed, they tend to jump on each other a little.

Cave Diver:
She may only have 4 posts, but has been a member since Oct 2003. Shouldn't concern for Kimber be more important than reasons for posting?

If anyone would take the time to read Leah's other posts, there is no way you would think she is information gathering for a sinister reason. Why should there be an atmosphere of suspicion?

TheRedHead:
Why should there be an atmosphere of suspicion?
Exactly my point. Why does there need to be any suspicion or questioning of reasons for posting at all?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom