Who here knows anything about wine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was up working for Rafanelli the last four days and he gave me these!
The zin is rated by some as the best in the valley, all estate grown, hillside so the berries are smaller with thicker skins meaning a very bold red and high sugar = high alcohol, aged 18 mo in new french oak barrels.
If Dry Creek Valley is touted as home to the best zins in the world then this bottle could be considered one of the best of the best. The cab is actually priced higher.
Our ocean conditions might suck and the water is cold, but the wine around here makes up for it.
016BAB2C-BC3A-478A-B861-0857D107B62F.jpeg

Zin sucks (imho - not to my taste). Dry Creek can do much better. Check out Unti or Porter Creek.

But my knowledge is dated as we stopped going there about 15 years ago. Ask me about Okanagan wines...

I do enjoy the Zins from California but generally lean to Malbec and Shiraz from Argentina, Chile, and Australia. That being said, I'll keep my eyes open for that one. Thanks for the tip. 👍

Australians use it when cooking, sometimes it goes in the food.
Otherwise it's beer [good ale], good wine is wasted here [most of us don't move the wine drinking circles].
It's good in pasta dishes [I am told].
:cool:

Australians use it when cooking, sometimes it goes in the food.
Otherwise it's beer [good ale], good wine is wasted here [most of us don't move the wine drinking circles].
It's good in pasta dishes [I am told].
:cool:
Ha! I have a high tolerance for bad alcohol but... A good wine with a good steak or pizza is nice and makes me appear way more sophisticated than the troglodyte I actually am🤣. And weather the Aussies enjoy it or not, y'all do make some nice wine.

Cheers

I really like the Kirkland brand box wines......especially the Cab. Just remember that just when you think that "box" is empty, just remove the bladder and you'll get a whole additional glass out of it.... Plus, the bladders are totally robust and can have other uses....

wine is fine but liquor is quicker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom