Who has used a Tachyon camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggiebq86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking of getting this camera. I've got an older GoPro but I don't like the wrist strap. I was thinking of getting this instead. Has anyone had any luck with it?

I've used the XC Micro for the last few dives I've gone on. It works great. The only issue's I've had are, low light (new HD model is supposed to be better on this) and having it mounted to my mask strap is sometimes tilted. I'm going to mount a Picatinny rail on the side of my mask to aim it better.

The video you see on their front page is one I took.

They loaned me a demo unit to see how deep it will go and I've had it to 169'. I'm planning on getting the HD unit when its available.

Have you heard when the HD version will be available? What about their comment regarding limiting the camera to 30 minutes, is this just a CYA statement?

It says they will be available in July on the site.

Where did you see the thing about limited to 30 min? I know that the video comes out in 30 minute chunks, but it just starts a new chunk till your card runs out of space.

Nice review, I can see why you're popular with the manufacturers.

They recently changed their lineup on the site. I don't see the Tachyon XC HD on there anymore. They now have the Tachyon micro HD, which is in the smaller case (I think it was around 1/2" in each dimension.) I haven't used the HD version of the micro yet, but the standard does not come with a remote and it records the files in .avi. It does max each .avi file at 30 min, but it auto-magically starts a new file so it doesn't stop recording at 30 min. It also has a photo setting that will do time lapse photos.

Oh and remember to set the lock switch or the water pressure will turn the camera off at around 20' (fresh water.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom