Who Has Tinted Mask Lens (SeaVision etc)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandLover

Reaction score
How good are the tinted masks with color correcting lenses? Which mask is the best? SeaVision or others?
Which one offers low volume with great peripheral vision?

I really thought the pink was a gimmick... until my LDS made me an offer I couldn't refuse. He offered to re-order my prescription in clear for free id I did not like them. I think he went out on a limb but I really see a huge difference.

I've always used a SeaVision color correction mask so I may be a bit biased :D but it does make a difference. It won't replace colors like some expect it to but it does sharpen the reds and oranges to the last minute. In other words, the red/pink just cancels out some of the blue at depth but only to about 40 ft on a sunny day.

My mask is a very low volume mask which can be cleared several times with one breath of air. I also prefer a black skirt. Clear skirts allow light in from the sides which is very distracting to me.

I just got a new SV clear mask and I'll get back with you at the end of March when I've tried it out in clear water!

I started with the Seavision tinted bifocal lenses and really wasn't that impressed with them. Also, Pearce complained that he couldn't see my eyes when he was taking my picture.

That was 3 years ago. I recently updated my prescription, and so opted to update my mask as well. This time I didn't bother putting in the coloured lenses.

In addition, although it wasn't a big deal for me, the tint DOES reduce the amount of light you get at night, even with a bright. This can be disconcerting to some divers.

BTW, Pearce FINALLY broke down & ordered a bifocal mask. Another Seavision (with the purge). He also elected to have clear lenses.

Just my $0.02's worth.

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom