Who Has the Best Coconut Shrimp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best coconut shrimp I have had on the island has always been at 'Ohana. It is a must do at least once on every trip.

We go see Indio at Casita de Indio for coconut shrimp. ave 20 @ calle 5

If you don't mind the drive,
By far, the best I have ever had was in Valladolid at El Mason del Marques.

1725040009846.png

From where does the shrimp originate? As in, does it come fresh from nearby? I’ve never seen a shrimp boat while there.

From where does the shrimp originate? As in, does it come fresh from nearby? I’ve never seen a shrimp boat while there.

I think the answer is don’t ask don’t tell 😀. I had always assumed from Bay of Campeche on the other side of the Yucatan (which is kind of known for shrimp dishes ), but when I looked a few years ago shrimp production wasn’t very high there anymore .

Moreover, I have never seen a shrimp while there. :D

I mean the kind we eat, of course. It would take a bazillion of those little red and white banded guys to make a meal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom