Who has NEVER had something stolen in Bonaire?

Have you ever had something stolen in Bonaire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went for our first time this past May. Yes there is crime on Bonaire. We lost our bag of small items that we purchased in town while we were looking at t-shirts. I agree there is crime everywhere and you can't let your guard down, but it does happen in Bonaire just like here. If you did not notice people coming to dive sites that were more interested in looking at the cars then the water then well I will leave it at that. I am not against Bonaire and I agree you need to follow the rules about not leaving anything in your car you can't do without.
Bonaire is an inland we are considering moving to at this time but have not decided on how we would make an income in doing so. I am far to young to retire.

Been once, no problems. Although, I wish someone would have stolen my taste buds. Good food is hard to find there. Awesome diving... bad food! -there were a few exceptions. :deadhorse:

My wife, buddy & I hit Bonaire 3/07 for a week, had a great time, took fairly reasonable care, & had no problems with theft. Hope to go again in the future.

Richard.

16 days and nothing stolen. Well, except that iguana who kept stealing the fruit I laid out! :D

Not trying to stay on the off-topic "food" subject, but I agree with Ann. While we DID have some mediocre food during our month-long stay on Bonaire, we also had some really good meals, too. We did do our homework before we left, though. There is a lot of information on bonairetalk.com covering every imaginable topic related to everything "Bonaire".

Mona Lisa a favorite. And Bistro de Paris makes the best hamburger I've ever eaten!

And, back to the topic, although I've already posted here, I'll expound: We've been three times, the last one for a month. We stayed at Lighthouse Beach Resort, which is fairly isolated, on the south side of town. Each day, we dove both northern and southern sites, paid attention to advice to leave anything of value at home and never had a problem. Never even saw anyone "loitering" at the dive sites. We found the people of the island to be lovely and accomodating. It has become a beloved place to us and we already have plans to spend February there.

Only been there once (last summer), but left the rented jeep unlocked and windows down. Nothing was taken except our banana peels when we replenished our energy supply at the end of a shore dive and the big iguanas wanted a piece of the pie....I mean bananas.

Two trips now and zero problems with nothing but shore diving done both trips...don't boycott bonaire, boycott boat diving!!!:wink:

Been there twice and no problems.

Back
Top Bottom