Who flies direct Hong Kong to Cebu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BettyfromToronto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know which airlines fly direct to Cebu. Don't want to go via Manila. Only found Cathay Pacific so far but the cost is about $522 Cdn. A bit high I think.

Since we will have dive gear for two; need to know which one is best for possible extra luggage and/or weight limits. If only going for 5 days maybe we can get away with clothes in our dive bag or carry-on.

Thanks

Cebu Pacific should do the HK >Cebu and they have sport equipment fees for extra luggage...

cathay pacific and cebu pacific both have direct flights

Cebu pacific alsways has promotion for flights HK<=>Cebu. Sometimes they even have $0 promotion tickets, you only need to pay taxes and fuel charges.

The cheapest I flew with them is HK$700 roundtrip from HK to Cebu including taxes and fuel charges.

Cebu Pacific is usually cheapest, you can pay in advance for extra luggage allowance I think

Where do you want to dive?

If you want to go to Bohol, you may fly HK-Manila-Bohol(tagbilaran) on Philippines Air (PR). Price is about HK$1600 roundtrip + $900 taxes and fuel charges.

CX and PR have code sharing flight to Cebu. As far as I know, the PR's fare is considerably cheaper than CX even CX's planes are being used!!!
Cebu Pacific(5J) tends to arrive very early in the morning(red eyes). Registered with them on line for promotion alert. As someone had already said, the flight can be really cheap.

Thanks everyone. I went to Cebu Pacific's website and it seems they only have one direct flight per day and it's definitely a red-eye. Not very convenient times but for sure much cheaper than Cathay.

Thinking maybe Anilao is better since there are lots of direct flights everyday from HK>Manila. Only in HK 3 weeks to visit family for Chinese New Years and don't want to spend alot of time trying to get to and from somewhere in the Phillipines for diving. Not this time. Maybe later (after August 2014) when we retire in HK. :D

Still have 10 months to go so plenty of time to do research.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom