Who And Where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi cainslie and welcom. This is the place for continuing education. I would give DUC a shout. I dived with them at Sodwana Pirates weekend and they seem like a great bunch. they willl brobably best be able to steer you right.

Thanks guys!

Yep, I was certainly a bit surprised to find no Durbanites here, but then again - a we're pretty apathetic bunch at the best of times!

I am told that Durban diving is often not great because a) vis can be crappy and b) there isn't much to see other than the few often visited wrecks. I'm leaving that to find out for myself with my first dive in Durban bay coming up on Saturday morning. Then I'm going to go down to Aliwal - I'm really keen to spend some time with a few large fish of dubious character!

Divescape: I'm diving with DUC this weekend and will be joining the club shortly - members get really cheap dives!

Also, I can walk out my front door to what I think could be a great dive site in a couple of minutes so hopefully when I get a little more experience I can start doing shore dives with a mate of mine right at home. I expect it'll get boring after a while, but right now I'm like a kid in a candy shop and I just want to try diving everywhere just to see what it's like!

If I lived in Durban, I'd probably be on Aliwal Shoal pretty much every weekend. The dives I did there were great. And it wasn't a much further drive from Durban than us Capetonians usually do for a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom