Who And Where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divescape

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In the spirit of the post from hootie, here goes let me kick off some introduction. I have found the diving community around South Africa to be very welcoming and on the whole a great bunch to interact with.

My name is Stephen, I live and do most of my diving in Cape Town. I am a member of the local dive club OMSAC, we meet and dive mostly shore entries on a weekly basis. I also dive with Scuababoarder xyrandomyx when we can make our schedules meet.

I am AOW certified with coming up on 60 dives since qualifying in December last year. Looking forward to meeting some other divers from outside of Cape Town because there are so many beautiful places to dive here. My wife and I are planning some year end dives so I will be picking some brains on some not necessarily well known dive sites.

Pleasure to be here,i'm Stefan
Staying in Joburg,me and my wife are AOW certified,i'm busy with MSD
Mostly dive the quarries - bass lake and miracle waters. When I get to the ocean I try to hit some sites in KZN

We recently got married underwater even,in uShaka :wink:

I'm Gareth. I've been diving for almost three years. I have a PADI AOW and Rescue Diver certs. I decided at the start of this year to make a point of diving more regularly -- before that, I'd far too often end up out of the water for a couple of months and when I finally got back in, wondered 'why don't I do this more often?' So I've logged about 75 dives in total, a little less than half of those this year.

I live in Cape Town and do most of my diving here. Shore dives if I can find a buddy or once a month with a local shop's club; otherwise, off a boat (generally with the same shop). As Stephen said, we dive together when we have a chance. I've also done a couple of dives with SB'er 'Dive Bug Bit Me'. I've done a few dives in Thailand, one in Zanzibar (planned a few more but the weather didn't play along), a few at Aliwal Shoal. I've booked for Sodwana Bay early next year, very excited about that.

Me and the lady are in CT Next week if anybody feels like doing a dive or 3 :wink: Looking to get some photo and video done for my collection

Hi all

Been living in Cape Town now for 6 years or so and diving for 3 years.
Highest PADI qualification is Rescue Diver and for Tech IANTD Normoxic Trimix.
Have mostly dived Cape Town and around the coast to PE, dived Mozambique and next year planning on going to Thailand.

I am currently part of OMSAC dive club which is a awesome active dive group.
Try to dive every weekend weather and work standby permitting.

Had a GoPro Hero 1 since i started diving works very nice, just gets a bit green deeper than 20m.
Bought a point and shoot camera start of the year, so taking some pics now as well.
Have dived lots of shore entry dives but mostly boat dives with charters and buddies boat.

Two OMSAC members already. I know WendyCayman's a member too. You guys are everywhere, it seems. Maybe Stephen makes a good point when he says I should join.

---------- Post added October 10th, 2013 at 10:54 PM ----------

Me and the lady are in CT Next week if anybody feels like doing a dive or 3 :wink: Looking to get some photo and video done for my collection

Oh. Sorry. I forgot to reply to this post. I'd probably be up for a dive next weekend if you're free then. I unfortunately have to work during the week. PM me if you're keen.

Sup guys, I'm atish. Been diving for just over a year now. Mostly miracle for training and kzn when I can. Took up diving cause I always wanted to do it and needed to do something "crazy and different" before I left varsity. Completed a 2* CMAS qual and a basic nitrox course. Looking for rescue soon and will rack up a few more dives before registering for 3* (aka DM),

Currently with SWOT ( SomeWhere Out There) diving club. Hope to dive with some of you guys soon.

Drop me a line as well and if i can't dive with you i will make a plan with someone who can.

Sweet guys,will PM when we're there,recommendations for dive ops and sites to do this time of year?

Hey!! My name is Nolan, and I've been diving for a while. Seen most of the SA sights and been lucky enough to see a fair bit abroad.
Living in Cape Town I try make the most of the wrecks that we have down here, but must admit I love the Atlantic.
Most weekends you will find a heavy set of double tanks belonging to me on a dive boat somewhere.

I've dived with xyrandomx as he says. I haven't got to joining a club, if I do, the guys from False Bay Underwater Club seem great so that's where I'd go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom