Whizzing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or go with a long hose exiting the leg cuff, works great in mocderate water temps. In very cold water it does make for a noticable water enty path. It is awesome to end a day of wet diving frsh as a daisy.

That's exactly what I do-- long hose exiting leg cuff. I must be doing something wrong if you can get it to work while diving. I figured either the ambient pressure or simply water entering the hose end at the leg cuff prevented urine from exiting the hose.

Heck, I use it as a reminder to check my SPG :).

Awesome!

OP: Just flush some water through your wetsuit you'll be fine, suit will be fine.

Uh... Was there a question in the OP?

I am trying to work this out. Obviously we are undergoing exposure to pressure, but what makes the pressure result in blood going to the core? The core is also undergoing compression as well right?
There should be no real effect of the pressure on the core. But, since even "warm" water diving is below our core body temperature, the body responds to the decrease on temperature by shunting blood from the periphery to your body core.

While 80+ water may feel bathtub warm keep in mind average normal body core temp is 98.6* Farenheit. That means while Caribbean waters feel warm you actually have over 10* difference temperature. The only difference with "colder" waters say in Hawaii is that the temp difference in the 70's is even more pronounced.

It is possible to get what is known as warm water hypothermia. Since even warm tropical water is still lower than body temps you can get hypothermia gradually over time.

Technically, most of the body tissues are composed of water. Despite the fact we dive deeper and experience increased pounds per square inch, since water itself is not compressible your body tissues should not be affected by the depth and/or pressure. It is the air filled spaces like sinuses and lungs that are affected the most by depth and pressure since the air in those cavities is affected greatly by the changes in depth and pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom