Whites wet (semi-dry) suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deep_ocean

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a used (v. good condition) Whites wetsuit - 2 piece, a 7mm full body and a 7mm shortie farmer john. It fits well nad seems to be well made - any feedback on Whites wetsuits?

Thanks,

deep_ocean

Instead of making a new thread I'm going to bump this one.

I am considering purchasing a Whites ADS wetsuit - http://www.whitesdiving.com/index.php?id=40&cid=56

Does anyone have any feedback regarding this particular suit? I'd appreciate any help, i've never bought a suit before.

I'd be diving mainly in the cold Canadian waters. I can't afford to go dry yet, hence needing a good quality (yet affordable) wetsuit.

Hey you guys up there in Canada eh - last month, I went on a dive off Palm Beach, Florida. Two out of the six divers were wearing drysuits in 72° degree water. Looking around, I have found some pretty nice drysuits in the $100 - $200 price range. I just sold a like-new Bare on eBay for $370. I'm not sure what your budgets are, but I sure couldn't face that kind of cold water you have in the summer, much less any other time of year.
I'm not familiar with White's wetsuits, but they're drysuits are well-made and pretty good values for the price. The turnaround on their service is a little slow though - some folks have waited a couple of months for repairs.
And Daval - if you do upgrade later to a drysuit, then you will have to factor in the cost of buying the wetsuit also. Easier to just buy it once.

Haven't used that particular model (I don't think), but have dove in a Whites wetsuit (7mm jand and 7mm shorty). They appeared to be well made - really liked the zips on the ankles/wrists. Didn't go with Whites because my Bare wetsuit (7mm jane and 7mm shorty) fit me better.

I have a White's ADS and I find it keeps me quite warm. I've used it for ~10 dives. I'm not really sure how well the shorty works compaired to a regular farmer john/jacket combo, however, it is definately more versatile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom