Whites Nexus II Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a chance to go to a dry suit for less than half what this suit normally cost.
Some diver put it on lay away and never picked it up or paid for it. the shop selling it for the pay off , since it be my first and iI know its maybe a entry level suit but its the whole package fleece and all any thoughts .

medic13:
I have a chance to go to a dry suit for less than half what this suit normally cost.
Some diver put it on lay away and never picked it up or paid for it. the shop selling it for the pay off , since it be my first and iI know its maybe a entry level suit but its the whole package fleece and all any thoughts .
When I had a dive store I had a bunch of nexus as rentals. They were solid suits that held up well to the abuse rental equipment usually sustains. Just get some warm undergarment because they have no inherent insulation.

I dive one I've had since earlier this year that I've made about 100 dives with.

I like the neck and cuff dams, which do seem to tidy things up and add a little warmth.

I love the rock boots (except the laces), which wear like a good lightweight hiking boot.

The undies are OK.

I wear a large, and I think the legs are made a little too tight, otherwise, the cut of the material is excellent.

The dump valve is too far over, due to zipper placement, and you really have to hike yourself up to get a good dump. Compare it to another shoulder dump and you'll see what I mean.

Overall, dollar for dollar, I think the suit is one of the best bargains on the market, even at retail, and I really enjoy mine. If I could get it for half price (which should be around $500.00, including boots, hose, case and undies) I'd buy it up quick.

Enjoy!!

Rick Inman:
The undies are OK.

I wear a large, and I think the legs are made a little too tight, otherwise, the cut of the material is excellent.

i have the half compressed neoprene/have shell suit Whites drysuit...same complaint, legs are tight, even for a neoprene suit...

well so a suit that fits me and getting it all the whole package for $460 isnt bad then, I feel bad for the other person, he never even finished his diving cert or paid on it for last 4 months so they been patient but at this type deal I can't pass it up.oh hes throwing in a dry suit class for $50 even though been through DUI little class when I went to DUI days of course some day will move to more expensive suit and have the valve put wear I want it .

medic13:
well so a suit that fits me and getting it all the whole package for $460 isnt bad then, I feel bad for the other person, he never even finished his diving cert or paid on it for last 4 months so they been patient but at this type deal I can't pass it up.oh hes throwing in a dry suit class for $50 even though been through DUI little class when I went to DUI days of course some day will move to more expensive suit and have the valve put wear I want it .
IMHO, 460.00 is good. If it fits, I'd buy it.

I have the Nexus II and only got 6 dives in it so far. However I thought was a good buy at 995 so feel you have a bargain.

Legs are a little tight. I even spoke to Whites who said they would custom build new legs in for 150 if I needed bigger.

A great package overall.

Tom Winters:
$460 is a nice deal. Make sure you have suspenders in it - they make life easier between dives.
Yea, I need to get some suspenders for my Bare XCD2. I can see life sucking between dives when taking off the suit is a PITA.

Tom Winters:
$460 is a nice deal. Make sure you have suspenders in it - they make life easier between dives.
Nexus II comes with built in suspenders.

Back
Top Bottom