• Black Stealthy Logos would be cool!

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • I want the Star Trek Suit

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • What's a Fusion?

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know alot of you want an all black or limited logo Fusion. My question is how many of you would buy one?

If the logos were all black, kind of stealth looking or if there were limited logos.

Would you just buy a skin for your existing suit? Have you been waiting for this to buy a Fusion? Would this peak your interest in buying a Fusion?

Please answer the poll above, then answer the questions in the post. I want to see what type of need/want there is for this....I might be able to do some arm twisting :wink:

Would you just buy a skin for your existing suit?

I'd buy a new skin for my existing Fusion. I bought the Tech LE skin, where the logos are already "limited" - at least for Whites standards :) But I wouldn't mind even less.

Henrik

Im planning on getting a Fusion in a couple of months. I would definitely buy a skin that had limited or no graphics. The less the better.

There have been some improvements in the Fusion since I bought mine:

Change in zipper direction,
Better suspenders,
Slicker inner surface,
Heavier socks/velcro attachment for fusion boots

But I am still not ready to drop the cash to buy a whole new suit when my old one is less than 2 years old, so I'd be in the "skin only" category.

I bought a used Fusion with the Tech Skin and the one thing I dislike about it are the "tribal" graphics. I was actually waiting for a stealth version. You already draw enough attention in that thing. I guess the graphics do make it easier to be recognized underwater.

A tasteful graphic for marketing purposes (e.g. what DUI, Bare, Pinnacle, etc use) is fine, even "necessary" from a business standpoint. The huge tribal graphics on the current tech skin (not LTD) are really, really, really ugly. They are definitely a reason I've avoided picking up this suit (my wife got one, DESPITE the graphics, certainly not BECAUSE of them). It's not like the suit isn't already distinctive, so these hideous graphics just aren't needed for marketing reasons.

I'd personally be more likely to get a Fusion if the tech skin only had a small Whites patch on the side, AND if the skin did not cost more than the others.

I'd also like to see Whites address the issue of pocket sag. Sure, Rick Inman has posted about how he addressed this issue, but if he can do it, why isn't Whites doing this themselves?

Put out a less ugly tech skin (same price) and fix the pockets, and I'm likely to buy one.

I'm happy with my LE Tech Skin.

What I really want is that gorgeous red one from DEMA . . .

But I'd be more likely to spring for a tech skin if it had minimal logos on it.

Quite honestly I could give a *#&% about the logos and graphics. I want a suit that does its job well so I bought a fusion. I wanted the Red tech skin but due to my size it wasn't available so I got the gray one instead. Big whoop

Given the option I'd get the red shirt star trek one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom