Whites Fusion skins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evinkc05

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am considering buying a fusion suit, but am not sure which skin to buy. Can anyone tell me what the approx temp range that each skin is intended for? Of course this is assuming that i keep my undergarments a fixed variable. Thanks.

If I understand them correctly, they are not really intended to add extra insulation. Instead, the skins add another layer of protection for durability and the tech skin adds pockets.

There is very little difference in warmth between a sport skin (all spandex), tech skin (part spandex, part 1mm neoprene) or limited edition skin (all neoprene).

I don't think they've fixed the pocket sag issues. Rick Inman had a great post on his DIY fix. I tried it out and it was surprisingly easy to do. Here's the link:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/wh...fusion-pockets-p-valve-my-custom-changes.html

I have roughly 20 dives on my tech skin with the velcro fix (some multiple dive days where I've had it on during the surface interval) and haven't had any issue. Sure, I've had some "baggy" moments, but no big deal. The velcro seems to have held up pretty well. Though, on my right side, I think it's a bit misaligned (my fault!), so it sags a little bit more.

My 2 cents: I don't think the "sagging pockets issue" is a reason not to get the tech Fusion skin!

They sag a bit on land if heavily loaded, but it is not a problem at all in the water, or for that matter after you put on your harness and crotch strap. As a cave diver I have lots of stuff in the pockets and if it was a problem, I would have noticed it.

I suspect it gets more attention that it deserves as the droopy drawers look does not look as "cool" as some technical divers would like. I am old enough, experienced enough, and confident enough that I don't really care how I look on land but rather focus that energy on how I and my gear perform under water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom