Whites Fusion relief valve parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nldiver1984

Contributor
Reaction score
After doing some research I finally settled on a used Whites Fusion Tech from my dive shop. I got the suit, SI Tech rings, and a P valve for $750. The problem however is that only the valve part of the P valve is there. I don't think the valve itself was used much as it was a rental suit, but I'd like to start using it.

15cfxvt.jpg

There's a small hole in the outer skin but I'm not sure if it was there because of the valve or if there's something else that attaches to the valve:

2rrm3wo.jpg

Do In have to buy a new kit or can I use the valve that's already installed? How can I tell which brand of valve it is?

I know these are questions I could ask my shop but I don't want to have to bring the whole suit back to them if I don't have to.

I used to use a White's Fusion, and the pee valve was a problem. Judging from the picture, I would guess that you are looking at a pee valve that went through two stages of life before being what it is today.

When I first got a pee valve, it was installed by Whites. To install it, they made two holes, one in the inner liner and one in the skin. They ran the valve through both holes and screwed it down tight. When I had trouble with it leaking, I went to an authorized White's repair person who called them in my presence and confirmed that it was supposed to be done that way. It didn't work. I sometimes got through a dive dry, but it usually leaked. There was just no way those two different fabrics sitting next to each other would make a good seal.

If you do a search on ScubaBoard, you will find a thread from back then in which I was searching for an answer. The problem was the stem barely made it through both fabrics. If the stem were longer, you could introduce another gasket and make it work. But Whites did not make pee valves for their unique suits, they used a generic valve made by another company (like Light Monkey), so it was not up to them.

Finally, Dive Right in Scuba told me to do what they do. The just attach the pee valve to the inner lining, as if the outer skin did not exist. When you peed, you could reach down and direct the valve out through that outer hole, or you could just pee and let the urine flow between the two barics. It will wash away anyway, since the outer one is not water tight. That is what I finally did.

Looking at the picture of the outside, it appears as if there used to be a ring there, screwed down tight in an attempt to make a seal. It looks as if whoever owned it used the original White's method and then gave up on it the way I did.

As for the pee valve itself, it looks like the back side of a Light Monkey valve, but I have not had mine in years and can't compare. You are missing a whole lot of it anyway, so you might as well get a new one.

You might want to have @Dive Right In Scuba take a look and give you an opinion. They know a lot more about this than I do.

What parts am I missing? Just the tubing and the catheter part correct?
Right--the tubing is what you are missing, but that's half the valve.

To be honest, I hadn't bought one by itself for so long I did not realize what they cost. I just looked it up. Wow! By all means go out and get some tubing!

For the connection, I would but a quick disconnect. They are generally selling for about $25.

Where could I buy one? Is it something I can only buy at a dive store or would any medical/plumbing store have them?

Dive Right in Scuba’s website can help. Since this is so specialized the pee valve parts better come from a dive store so you make sure you’re getting the correct stuff. You can get the condom catheters from a medical supply store or Amazon.

Looks like your outer skin is simply not slipped over the outer portion of the valve. The hole is already in the outer skin just find the knob of the outer portion of the valve and slip the skin over it, easy as pie and that is how mine is setup. Looks like you just need some pee valve hose. See below..

Extreme Exposure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom