Whites Fusion questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm about to pull the trigger on a White's Fusion, but I have a couple unanswered questions that I would love to have answered:

1) Has anyone used dry gloves with the fusion?
2) Do you use neoprene socks for the bilam feet, or just wear boots/Chuck taylors over them?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a White's Fusion, but I have a couple unanswered questions that I would love to have answered:

1) Has anyone used dry gloves with the fusion?
2) Do you use neoprene socks for the bilam feet, or just wear boots/Chuck taylors over them?

1) I use Diving Concepts drygloves on mine with no problems, nice toasty warm hands now.

2) I use the EVO boots that came with my suit, but might experiment with Chuck Taylors or other not so aggressive drysuit boots in the future.

Cheers,

Jim

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Threads merged,no double postings please

I use 5 mil gloves and use regular dive booties. I wear a size 11 shoe and bought size 13 booties and they work fine whith my fin. No need for chucks.:):)

Sorry Mods, I just realized this probably belonged in the Whites forum. :D

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Threads merged,no double postings please

I use the Viking bayonet ring system for dry gloves. It mounts on the seals, and the seals on the Fusion are idea for it, because they are heavy duty latex and tolerate the stress of seal-mounted rings well. I LOVE my Viking rings -- they install quickly and can be removed quickly, and changing gloves can be done in the field with no tools, if you spring a leak.

I played with the White's neoprene socks, using them both under and over the suit socks, but eventually discarded them as I didn't really like them either way. I use two pairs of socks, one polypro hiking socks and one wooly, soft Polarfleece, under the suit, and a pair of Chuck Taylors over. I really liked the White's Evo boots, but they didn't fit in my fins, and when I tried to go up a fin size, I was miserable.

Hi Rye,
Just like you I just bit the bullet and ordered the highly praised White's Fusion sans boots. I think I'll be following in TS&M's footsteps (pun intended). Good Luck with your purchase and keep us all posted. I will be doing the same.

Back
Top Bottom