White's Fusion Owners Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawkenph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I was wondering if you who have Fusion with the tech skin and pockets. Mind letting me know how your suits are holding up and what type of diving you have been doing with them,etc? How many dives are on them..
Thank you
Kurt

I honestly can't say for sure how many dives I have in the suit- I don't have my log with me - probably only 30 or 40.

I have a very small amount of pilling of the skin around where the straps lay against it. Nothing serious, and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.

I've been doing a mix of shore and boat diving. A few wreck penetrations, some item recovery work (small props and weights mostly), a few deep tech dives, and a lot of open water looking around at walls. All ocean, except for 3 or 4 lake dives. All of my dives in this suit have been using my rebreather, with at least 1 bail-out bottle.

So far I don't have any complains about the suit, and have had no issue with snags, rough exits (shore and boat), or anything else I can think of - they are definetly stronger than you would expect.

Hope this helps

I have about 50 dives on mine. As indicated above some minor pilling of the skin where the back plate rubs the suit.

The skin has held up well as has the suit.

THe only major concerns have been the zipper as it fraying much faster than the zippers on any of the previous dry suits I have owned (it is after 6 months at about the point most of my other zippers were at after 3-4 years of use.) The exhaust valve is also gritty/sticky feeling even though it is clean, again unlike the other si-tech valves I have owned.

My diving has involved a few off shore wreck diving trips to DE, three trips to N Florida for cave diving and the garden variety quarry dives, so it's seen it share of sand, salt, scraping through restrictions and wreck induced rust and it is still hole free, so I am pleasnalty surprised as it does nto look that tough.

Mine was one of the first batch made, and still looks fantastic after 260+ dives.

Not a single problem, except for when my cat tried to eat my dry suit; actually this pointed out a big advantage for the Whites, as it took 10 minutes with a heat gun to patch the suit in my own home. Didn't have to send it off at all.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom