Whites Fusion & Dive Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pistol Pete

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dove a Whites Fusion a while back and was duly impressed. Everything I found said and written about this drysuit has been positive, and my experience showed it all to be true--in spades, in fact. However, all the comments as well as my own experience concerned fairly relaxed recreational dives.:cool2:

My question is, has anyone used this suit for instructing? If so, how does the suit hold up to students clawing and grabbing (think rescue diver course) plus all the other wear and tear more typical of instructing than of just finning along peacefully with just a buddy?:shocked2:

I dove a Whites Fusion a while back and was duly impressed. Everything I found said and written about this drysuit has been positive, and my experience showed it all to be true--in spades, in fact. However, all the comments as well as my own experience concerned fairly relaxed recreational dives.:cool2:

My question is, has anyone used this suit for instructing? If so, how does the suit hold up to students clawing and grabbing (think rescue diver course) plus all the other wear and tear more typical of instructing than of just finning along peacefully with just a buddy?:shocked2:

I have been the rescue diver "victim" many of times in this suit, drug on the beach, out from beneath platforms, playing dead, beat up students rescuing, etc...not one issue. I wouldnt worry too much about it at all for teaching. It should still hold up no problem. I havent had any issues :wink:

Hello,

I have taught many classes in my Fusion and it is still good as new. All of the sales staff here at Whites are instructors actively teaching in Fusions and we can all vouch for the durability.

Cheers,

Justin

I have climbed in and out of many very rocky sinks, pushed through numerous cave restrictions, many of them very tight with twists and bends and I have been in and around numerous wrecks in my fusion with no leaks or tears in almost a year and around 100 dives. Many of those dives were not what most divers would call "relaxed" recreational dives.

In comparison, pulling and grabbing students are not going to harm the suit. However I have noticed many instrutors (and students) seem to spend huge amounts of time on the bottom on their knees, so thicker knee pads may be useful if you fall into that category as the knee pads on the tech skin are not excessively thick and seem to be intended more to prevent pilling of the skin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom