White's Fusion Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone. I am in the market for a White's Fusion suit and I am torn between the Bullet and the Tech suit. I have read where some think the Bullet is too thick and takes too long to dry along with being heavy. Also, I have read that the Bullet limits your mobility more than the Tech or the Sport.

I have been looking for threads on the Bullet but they seem to always get side tracked with something other than, "how does this suit feel, dive etc". If anyone dives a Bullet I would appreciate your insight as to how the suit dives for you. I know this is a personal versus technical question but it would help out with my decision.

Thanks in advance.

in the water the Bullet was ok out of the water it was a dreadful thing to deal with. I felt it did limit my mobility some. One other thing the Bullet skins are cut tighter and the torso is shorter than the other skins, Whites says they have lengthened the torso on the Bullet skins but they are still cut about five inches shorter in the front. The problem I had was the Velcro would keep coming undone in the front of the suit due to the extra tension on the material. I went round and round with Whites on this problem for nearly a year before giving up and selling the skin. I now dive a tech skin when I dive the Fusion.

I have a new bullet skin with about 20 dives on it. I like it. It is a bit heavy and it doesn't air dry overnight. The arm pits and crotch usually take 2 days to dry before I am comfortable rollin it up and putting it in the bag.

Im a big tall guy and have no problem with the torso length (I have a long torso). I was concerned at first that it may not fit my calves because they are 19" but it fits and the undergarment works.

I you search here for fusion sleeves you will see a mod that can be done if you get the factory installed permanent rings. I did it and it helped a lot to put the wrists in the right position. If you want dry glove rings it might be best to not get the factory option and install them yourself so you can do it right te first time.

Fusions are weird. When you first put them on they feel weird and restrictive like a wetsuit after you first put it on. Once it gets some air pumped into it, it settles into place and feels great. Underwater I don't even notice it and the compression of te suit really keeps te airbubble from moving around too quickly.

I bought the bullet because I wanted the most durable. If I take the suit on a vacation with me I might pick up the sport skin to cut weight.

I personally dive with 3 other people with fusions all bullet skins and they all like them. When user other fusions around here I only see bullet skins.

Now with all that being said I am sure the tech skin is more flexible and when I was researching I went though the same information and eventually just had to make a decision. I went with durability over flexibility. I dot think I would have any trouble with valve drills in the bullet though.

Now with all that being said I am sure the tech skin is more flexible and when I was researching I went though the same information and eventually just had to make a decision. I went with durability over flexibility. I dot think I would have any trouble with valve drills in the bullet though.

That is pretty much where I am at right now. I like the looks of the Bullet (I looked it over at the Tacoma Dive Expo) real good and put my hands all over it. To tell the truth I think my wife was a bit jealous...:D JK Honey... I like the Tech suit except for the knee's but something is just drawing me to the Bullet. I figure if I am going to pull the trigger on something that pricey I am going to get what I want but it has to be for the right reason at the same time. As far as drying time goes, I can't think of anywhere I would go that putting it away wet for the drive home would be a disastrous thing. I may go to Victoria BC but my main diving will either the Puget Sound or the Oregon coast somewhere with our dive shop. If my thinking on the drying part is off base please let me know, I don't want to screw up the new suit.

Thanks guys for responding back to me.

I bought a new Fusion Bullet suit last October, got about 40 dives in it now and really like it. A couple of minor complaints. It does take forever to dry - hanging it upside down in my heated laundry room helps, but it still takes 2 or 3 days to dry. Other complaint is that the factory wrist seals are too low (or the arms are too long). I got the SiTech locking gloves on mine as well, which while they are awesome, compound the issue. It's not an issue when diving, but it is irritating when suiting up and taking it off. I went for the Fusion boots instead of the White's version of the rock boots. The thermal boots compound the drying problem a bit as well and are a bit cumbersome. So while I've never had cold feet with it, I slightly regret not getting the rock boots (Evo boots I think?). But overall great suit, really nice underwater, easy to take off and put on once you get used to it and I like it a lot. Looks pretty sharp too. One other tiny point - the crotch in mine is pilling a bit from the crotch strap on my BCD. Some more rugged codura style here would have been nice.

I've been diving a Bullet for almost a year now, and my only gripe (aside from the dry time and huge pain in the ass that is rinsing between the shell and the skin) is what a pain it is to get into. However, out here I'm diving in shorts and a long sleeved thermal top, so I think that's the bulk of the trouble sliding into the shell right there. If I had on socks and a full undergarment, I think it would slide on much better.

In the water it feels good and I don't find it restrictive. Valve drills are easy, as is wriggling around/through restrictions.

I bought a new Fusion Bullet suit last October, got about 40 dives in it now and really like it. A couple of minor complaints. It does take forever to dry - hanging it upside down in my heated laundry room helps, but it still takes 2 or 3 days to dry. Other complaint is that the factory wrist seals are too low (or the arms are too long). I got the SiTech locking gloves on mine as well, which while they are awesome, compound the issue. It's not an issue when diving, but it is irritating when suiting up and taking it off. I went for the Fusion boots instead of the White's version of the rock boots. The thermal boots compound the drying problem a bit as well and are a bit cumbersome. So while I've never had cold feet with it, I slightly regret not getting the rock boots (Evo boots I think?). But overall great suit, really nice underwater, easy to take off and put on once you get used to it and I like it a lot. Looks pretty sharp too. One other tiny point - the crotch in mine is pilling a bit from the crotch strap on my BCD. Some more rugged codura style here would have been nice.

DiveGearExpress sell a crotch strap with a neoprene abrasion sleeve which may solve your issue.

Backplate, Harness and Wing Systems (BPW) by Dive Rite - Dive Gear Express

just scroll down the page.

Thanks everyone for the info. I am sold on the Bullet and I am going to order it on Monday.

Do the mod to the wrist seals. It makes it a lot more comfortable

I am not sure if I am familiar with the "mods" you are talking about. Could you fill me in on what you are talking about please? Also, do the mods still apply if I am getting the silicone seals? Thanks. :D

Back
Top Bottom