Whites Drysuits on Television

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ltstanfo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
All,

I hope I'm not reposting something that has already been discussed but I wanted to let everyone know that I saw a diver using a Whites Fusion drysuit on the History Channel last night (08-13).

The History Channel has a show called "Monster Quest" and last night's episode was about trying to find a giant octopus on the Washington state coast. One of the two lead divers / commentators for the episode wore the Fusion drysuit and based on the diving he did it was a great promo for the capabilities of the suit!

Great (free) PR Whites! :)

Regards,
Ltstanfo

:D

I was one of the divers on the show. We used the Whites Suits because they are the most advanced dry suits in the world. On extended duration dives I found my Fusion suit to work flawlessly. We stayed warm on 50+min dives. Also the manner in which the Fusion operates provided us with a more stable dive system. The normal problems associated with dry suit operations were mitigated by the design, allowing us to properly focus on the dive missions and objectives at hand. Due to its more streamlined design it felt more like wearing a very thin wetsuit than a regular drysuit. I was also surprised at the amount of abuse that the suit took without tearing. The thin underskin is very tough and is protected by the compression layer on the outside. When faced with the task of getting a good shot underwater, combined with a strong current and various depths, it was very helpfull to have less talk loading due to the function of the suit. I had zero problems with boyancy and air pockets in the suit. When you added air to it you could feel it over your entire body all the way down to your feet. It is truly a unique piece of equipment. The suit stayed in position for all of the dive missions and took the abuse of constant exits on a steel ladder in heavy current. On some of the dives we had to crawl on the ladder on our knees to get out of the current. I was interested to see if my suit would tear or fail at the seams from the abuse of the work. To my delight I never had a problem for the entire expedition, and the suit is still as new as the day I got it.

Its about time that someone made a drysuit that addresses the problems that is inherent to that type of equipment, and makes the job of a commercial diver easier.

Warmth, ease of movement, and durability........I wish they would have invented this years ago.

Day Island Wall and the Narrows Bridge are great dives in the south Puget Sound. We're lucky enough to get to do those on a regular basis as a drift, or, during a small exchange, a very relaxing 60+ minute picture taking dive.

Kudos to Whites. My wife loves her Fusion and I really like my Catalyst360. Both are of great quality and built very well.

Hello all,

Many of you may have noticed that Whites was indeed the drysuit used in the History Chanels show "Monster Quest".

We are the official sponsor of the dive team and the feed back that we recieved on the Fusion was outstanding. The Fusion exceeded thier expectations.

We can look forward to seeing the Fusion on more shows in the future.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski
Regional Sales Manager
Whites Manufacturing Ltd.

Back
Top Bottom