White's Beach, Manchester, MA, Sat., 01/26/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave4868

Old diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, this is just for the sake of showing what Saturday, the calm day of the weekend looked like. Apparently, it was much better than the following day. (see Brant Rock posting by yak:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/new-england-lobsta-divahs/218662-brant-rock-jan-27-no-dive.html

White's Beach in Manchester, MA, Saturday morning had bright sun, air temp of 25, no wind, calm seas, water temp of 37F, and measured vis of 45'.

Nice dive, but not much to see except lots of snails, two amorous crabs, some rock formations and clean white sand. Slight surge surprisingly.

Finished up and then the wind started. See yak's pics of Sunday. Remarkable change from one day to the next.

Dave C (pics follow)

White's Beach looking south toward Egg Rock.
White_s_Beach_Manchester_MA_012608.jpg

Decent vis and clean sand. Shallow dive (20').
Arnie_poking_along_at_WB_012608.jpg

Ain't too cold apparently.
Crabs_in_love_012608.jpg

But you discovered "The Mating of the Crabs". It only happens for 1 day of the year LOL.

Nice pic by the way; good photography.

PS That bottom crab looks mighty young though to be mating.

Every time you've posted a picture lately I've been absolutely floored by the visibility you're getting. Send some of that down here to RI will you? :D

Did you dive the left side of the beach? What was it like there?

Haven't dove the left side yet.

My buddy and I dove the right side around the rocky boulders near shore.

After that dive, I dove a 200 heading directly toward Egg Rock for over a hundred yards finding only sand. On the return leg, I headed 290 for about 50 yards, then headed 20 until coming across the little finger shoal with some big boulders on the end.

I'd like to check out the left side sometime.

Every time you've posted a picture lately I've been absolutely floored by the visibility you're getting. Send some of that down here to RI will you? :D

Wish I could. :D

I'm just getting lucky by watching the winds during the week. Vis reports from the previous Saturday were only 10-15'.

But you discovered "The Mating of the Crabs". It only happens for 1 day of the year LOL.

Sounds like home.... :shakehead:

Nice pic by the way; good photography.

Thanks!

Dave C

Back
Top Bottom